Chippin' In is a Side Jobs in Cyberpunk 2077. Chippin' In can be acquired after completing Tapeworm and agreeing to have Johnny take over V's body. Completing Side Jobs (Side Quests) in Cyberpunk 2077, rewards you with experience points and may reward you with items. Side Jobs can also influence the main story outcome.
Chippin' In Objectives
- Go to the Afterlife.
- Speak to Johnny Silverhand.
- Wait a day for Rogue to call.
- Talk to Rogue.
- Meet Rogue at Afterlife.
- Follow Rogue.
- Take the gift from the trunk.
- Get in Rogue's car.
- Follow Rogue.
- Open the cargo door.
- Find the Dataterm.
- Check the Dataterm.
- Look for Smasher on the Ebunike.
- (Optional) Listen to the recordings.
- Defeat Grayson.
- Question Grayson about Smasher.
- Take Johnny's Gun.
- Lower the crane.
- Open the container.
- Remove the canvas cover.
- Get in Johnny's Porsche.
- Drive to the Oil Fields.
- Find Johnny's grave.
- Talk to Johnny.
Chippin' In Walkthrough
- Once you've completed Tapeworm, head to Afterlife in Watson and speak to Johnny at the club's entrance. The next sequence of scenes will be as Johnny and will end at a hotel room in Northside with Rogue. Simply finish the conversation and wait a day for a call from her to meet back at the Afterlife.
- When you arrive, go to her cubicle and speak to her. Follow her to the backside of the club until you reach her car. She'll give you a gift, Johnny's jacket. Take the jacket and then ride in the passenger seat. Rogue will then rive you to a shipyard at the northern edge of Northside.
- The goal here is to find a Dataterm that's in the middle of a Maelstrom hideout. It is hidden inside a small room of a building by the railyard. All you have to do is read the files it contains and then make your way to the Ebunike, which is across the nearby railyard.
- There are two ways to infiltrate the shipyard, follow Rogue and go through the cargo door. The path here is pretty much straightforward until you reach the building where the dataterm is.
- Alternatively, from the cargo door, there's a path on the east side that requires the Technical Ability attribute. This path is more of a shortcut and it will directly lead you to where the dataterm is.
- Once you've read the contents regarding Ebunike, head to the long metal staircase leading to the ship's deck. At this point, you will encounter an unavoidable battle against Grayson's men. Chase him and then attack him. A few hits will do with a melee or ranged weapon.
- Once he's down, grab Johnny's gun (Malorian Arms 3516) which is dropped by Grayson, and question him as well about Smasher. From there, you can decide on either killing Grayson or sparing his life. If you spare his life, he'll give you the key to Johnny's car, Porsche 911, as well as its location. You can still loot the keys from Grayson's body if you ended up killing him but you have to find the terminal to crate on your own, there won't be any quest markers for it.
- After Rogue leaves, head to the panel and lower the crane to reach the container where the Porsche is. Since you have the key, just open it and you'll find Johnny's car inside - drive the car and head to the oil fields.
The Oil Fields
Now, in this sequence, the dialogue you choose here will determine if you will be able to acquire the option of the secret ending and to continue the next related side job which is Blistering Love. When you arrive, speak to Johnny first and then choose the following lines. The job becomes complete after the conversation with him.
- [Inscribe Johnny's initials]. Let's do something about that.
- The Guy who Saved My Life.
- Nah. Fucked that up too.
- What do you want from me?
- OK. But as second chances go, this is your last.
- You were a real **** in the beginning.
- When you said you let down your friends...
- Smasher biz really got to her.
- Yeah. I'll call Rogue.
How to unlock Chippin' In
- Complete Tapeworm, agree to have Johnny take over V's body.
- Head to Afterlife in Watson. Speak to Johnny Silverhand by the entrance and wait for a call from Rogue.
Chippin' In Rewards
Chippin' In Notes & Tips
- This is a major side job.
- Enter hidden wapon depot by remote deactivation of the stern backdoor on the ship