Following the River is a Side Jobs in Cyberpunk 2077. Following the River can be acquired after completing The Hunt and waiting for 24-hours in-game. Completing Side Jobs (Side Quests) in Cyberpunk 2077, rewards you with experience points and may reward you with items. Side Jobs can also influence the main story outcome.
Following the River Objectives
- Call River to organize a dinner at Joss's.
- Head over to River.
- Wait for River by the barrels.
- Head over to River.
- Stir the soy meat.
- Find rice in the kitchen.
- Take the rice.
- (Optional) Talk to Joss.
- Take the rice to River.
- Sit with River.
- Grab the AR game gear.
- Talk to River and the kids.
- Go to the starting position for a new round.
- (Optional) Let the kids win by killing fewer enemies.
- Eliminate all targets in the AR combat area.
- Talk to River about the AR game.
- Join Joss at the table.
- Follow River.
- Find a way through the fence.
- Open the gate.
- Climb up the tower with River.
- See what River's up to.
Following the River Walkthrough
A Night with River
- This quest is more plot/story-oriented and the important dialogue choices are during the sequence where he invites you atop the water tower. So if you missed out on reading the conditions on how to end up having a romantic scene with Mr. Ward, don't worry, we'll indicate the conditions on this page.
- So first, you have to complete the related side jobs I Fought the Law and The Hunt. During The Hunt, you have to make sure that you save Randy by figuring out the right barn (Edgewood) and choosing the following dialogue lines at the end. Choose "Don't do it, River.", followed by "We both will." Basically, you are convincing him that vengeance is not the answer and it will not make him feel better.
- After you complete The Hunt, wait for 24-hours in-game before receiving a message from River himself. All you have to do is call him back and organize a dinner at his sister's place.
- Next, make sure you are playing as a Feminine V, your chosen Life Path will not matter here. Now, when he invites you atop the water tower, you need to make sure you show interest in him and opt to kiss him when given the chance. There are two instances here where you can kiss him. Take note that you'll also acquire his gun, Crash, while atop the tower
- And if you want to seal the deal, the next morning, when he asks you about what happened, choose the dialogue line "I feel good around you." and then kiss him - this completes the job and closes the string of jobs for River Ward.
How to unlock Following the River
- Complete The Hunt and wait for River Ward to contact you after 24 hours in-game. You can also skip time if you want.
Following the River Rewards
Following the River Notes & Tips
- After completing the quest, River's nephew can be found inside their room, eerily staring at a wall, floating inside their beds, and River can be called but will end the call instantly, even after romancing him as female V. In version 1.2, Joss was moved from against the wall to near it and can be interacted, while River can be interacted too but won't still answer any call.
- With Patch 1.2, sometime after completing this job, Joss will send a message thanking V and attaching a picture of the family in the hospital, with Randy recovering. If it was completed before 1.2, the picture will automatically be in the SMS instead.