Only Pain is a Side Jobs in Cyberpunk 2077. Completing Side Jobs (Side Quests) in Cyberpunk 2077, rewards you with experience points and may reward you with items. Side Jobs can also influence the main story outcome.
Only Pain Objectives
- Wake the corpo.
- Talk to the corpo.
Only Pain Walkthrough
- When you walk into the alley, you'll find cops attacking a corpo. Upon approaching them, the cops will give you options to continue the quest.
- If "What's going on" is selected, the cops will attack you, kill them.
- If "Stop it or else you'll kill him" is selected: selecting "Leave him alone", will result in the cops attacking you, kill them; selecting "I was just about to leave" or walking away will fail the quest as the corpo will get killed.
- If you're a Streetkid, selecting "Is this how you protect and serve?" will prompt the cop to tell you he is taking revenge for putting the daughter of a friend into a coma. This opens the possibility to question the corpo about this.
- If you're a Streetkid, selecting "I'll deal with him" at any point will cause them to leave and you can talk to the corpo.
- Upon dealing with the cops, talk to the corpo to learn his side of the story, then you'll be promted with more options.
- If at any point "Nothing. It's your lucky day." or "Go on, get outta here." is selected, the quest is completed without any reward.
- If you're a Streetkid and chose "Is this how you protect and serve?" in the first interaction, you can select "Heard you've been showing spiked braindances." which will cause the corpo to tell more of the story.
- If you've Reflexes 9, you can select "The truth. What did they want from you." and he'll tell more lies.
- If you've Cool 10, you can get eddies from him. If you select "That'll do." you'll get a partial monetary reward. If you also have Strenght 5, you can get the biggest monetary reward.
- After ending the quest, while he's leaving he can be killed for a little more ammount of money.
How to unlock Only Pain
- Start act 2.
Only Pain Rewards
- Any option that doesn't use Cool or Strenght: No reward.
- Cool option: $1.330.
- Strenght option: $3.990.
- Killing the corpo: $143.
- +14 EXP Points
- Street cred
Only Pain Notes & Tips
- Using the Streetkid option will reveal that the corpo put the daughter of a friend of the cops in a coma, and that's why they were attacking him.
- If you select the Strenght option he'll say he'll give you all the money he got, but on killing him you can see he's lying again as he has $143 more.
- Bug: On completing the quest, if you're not Street Kid, it won't appear on the diary (as of v. 1.2), however it's completed.