Royce is a Boss in Cyberpunk 2077. Royce is the leader of the Maelstrom gang. Bosses are special and unique Enemies that you may encounter depending on the choices you made during your playthrough.
- Royce is the leader of the Maelstrom Gang.
- He is a heavily modified human.
- Impulsive and brash, Royce locked up the previous leader and took control of the Maelstrom Gang by force.
- Royce can be found near the exit of the Food Processing Plant, during the mission The Pickup. To do so you have to give the Maelstrom gang the money chip Meredith Stout may give you during her optional conversation. This will trigger the fight.
- You can skip the fight entirely by sneaking up on him and leaving without being detected.
How to Beat Royce
Royce starts the fight guarding himself with a shield and he shoots rockets at you. At first, attacking him will bring the shield down.
Royce is accompanied by another Maelstrom gang member during the fight, he is a common enemy, so he shouldn't pose much of a threat.
- You can sneak up on Royce before the fight starts and perform a silent takedown. This won't kill him instantly, but you will remove 1/4 of his total energy with a single strike.
- You can keep hiding away once the fight begins to perform another sneak attack, this time it will kill him. Keep in mind that Royce will be moving and actively searching for you, so this may be harder than the first time.
- If Royce flanks you, simply run to another place to cover yourself.
- Royce weak point is a small square box-like device on his back, you can easily identify it by its orange color.
- A good tactic regarding his weakpoint is to get close to him from behind and shoot his weakpoint using a good close range weapon like a shotgun.
- Headshots also deal a good amount of damage to Royce.
Attacks & Counters
|Laser attack: Shoots once.||Dodge or hide behind a car or debris.|
|Phase 2 (once the shield is broken)|
|Sweeping Laser Attack: Horizontal sweeping attack from right to left||Take cover or crouch.|
|Ground Sweeping Attack: Horizontal sweeping attack at ground level from left to right||Take cover or jump it.|
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such
Notes & Trivia
- Please if you want to refer to the NPC version, we have a page on him, you can check it HERE
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Or u can just kill him during *peaceful* conversation when he put his gun in your face