Scrolls Before Swine
|Requirement||Street Cred Rank 4
Completed Main Job Playing For Time
673 Street Cred
Scrolls Before Swine is a Gig in Cyberpunk 2077. Scrolls Before Swine can be acquired from Regina Jones. Completing Gigs in Cyberpunk 2077 earns you experience points and may reward you with some items.
Client is Aaron McCarlson, NCPD sergeant. Used to work for me as a consultant on the show "Cops 'n' Chops" (8 seasons!!) and is asking for a favor.
Aaron's been digging into Maelstrom for a while now - says he found the warehouse where they torture people. But you know how it is for badges - law slows them down with mountains of paperwork, so if they want to get something done, they have to get creative. Aaron knows that, which is why instead of waiting for fat-assed judges to grant him permission, he wants to get help from a "contractor."
Job's simple. Get into warehouse (coordinates attached), steal the security cam footage and bring it back to Aaron. Should be enough to push his case through. And if you happen to shoot a few Maelstromers along the way, well... **** happens, right? World won't be worse off without them, that's for sure.
Scrolls Before Swine Gig Objectives Cyberpunk 2077
- Get inside the warehouse.
- Find the computer with the footage.
- Retrieve the footage from warehouse.
- Tell Aaron you know what he did. [Optional]
- Bring the footage to Aaron.
- Leave Aaron's building.
Scrolls Before Swine Gig Walkthrough Cyberpunk 2077
- You'll receive a call from Regina Jones when you are near the quest location in Watson Northside.
- Locate the computer containing the footage in the warehouse. This can be found on the second floor of the building in an office.
- [Optional] Access the computer and watch the security footage listed under the files tab. Watching through until the end will trigger a conversation with Johnny Silverhand.
- Retrieve and bring the footage to Aaron located in his apartment down the street.
- [Optional] If you've watched the security footage, you can tell Aaron you've seen the contents of the scrolls. Aaron will ask you what you want.
- Surprise - it's money. - You will immediately receive €$2160 in addition to the standard gig reward after leaving the building, doubling the money. Johnny will appear and make negative remarks about your choice.
- I want you behind bars. - You will engage in combat with Aaron.
- Neutralizing Aaron without killing him will result in a positive response from Johnny and Regina. He can later be found at Dino's location, Malted Iguana Liquors, in Downtown, where he will strike up conversation with V.
- Killing Aaron will result in a positive response from Johnny and a negative response from Regina. Additionally, you will receive no reward and the gig will be shut.
- Don't want anything. - Johnny will appear and make negative remarks about your choice. The quest will complete normally.
- Leave Aaron's building. Regina will call you shortly after and you will receive the reward for the quest.
How to unlock Scrolls Before Swine Gig in Cyberpunk 2077
- Quest Giver: Regina Jones
- Location: Maelstrom warehouse on the corner of Industrial and Eisenhower St.
- Street Cred Rank 4
- Completed Main Job: Playing For Time
Scrolls Before Swine Gig Rewards Cyberpunk 2077
- 239 XP / 673 Street Cred / €$2160
- An additional €$2160 can be obtained if you extort Aaron by unlocking the optional quest condition.
- If you killed Aaron, Regina will inform you that the client is dead and there will be no payment.
Scrolls Before Swine Gig Notes & Tips Cyberpunk 2077
- Storywise, watching the video recording on the computer and neutralizing Aaron without killing him will provide additional information on this Gig sidequest and result in a positive response from both Johnny and Regina.
Yeah, this one can get bugged.
Can't target him for quick hacks, any weapon kill him despite non lethal mods, can't grab him from back after de aggro, even using fists kill him.
No way to spare him
You can later find Aaron in the same bar as Dino if you leave him alive. There was an option to extort more money, but I just insulted him and walked by so I don't know if it works.
Just use your fists if you
Don't want to kill him.
For anyone curious, after a bunch of testing the only 2 ways I was able to 'neutralize' instead of kill Aaron is to use any gun with the 'non-lethal' mod or to have him reach 0 health with a non-lethal DoT (burn, etc.). Blunt weapons of any kind do NOT work and will always kill him (I tried 20 separate times by quick loading and even using different blunt weapons and every time he died).
I believe Aaron is bugged. I tried 4 separate times to neutralize him instead of killing him, 3 times with Gorilla Arms, once with a Baseball Bat, but all four times the last blow kills him.