V is the Protagonist of Cyberpunk 2077. A hired gun on the rise and has recently received serious contact which would lead to a series of events into the road of being an urban legend.
Background Information about V
V has three potential backstories, each one giving you a taste of the dark future from different status and perspective. Every life path features its own characters, introductory Quests, and starting Locations. Your choice will most directly affect the beginning of the game, but you'll find longer-term ramifications as you get deeper into Night City - including opening up specific dialogue options and new opportunities further down the line.
Your life path doesn't only affect your introduction to Cyberpunk 2077. V's roots will be visible throughout the game, often through specific dialogue choices. The three paths demonstrate three very different ways of living in and around Night City, so naturally, each one has different areas of expertise.
Life Path Advantages
- Corpo: V has spent years maneuvering through the competitive back-office scene in Arasaka, so you have the first-hand experience when it comes to dealing with corporations. This means knowing how corpo agents operate; how they manipulate people. A "Corpo V" is far less likely to be caught out by shady corporate tricks, seeing past bluffs that would otherwise land you in hot water. You can even turn the tables thanks to your cutthroat corpo knowledge.
- Nomad: Nomads come with the experience of living in The Badlands, where they often work as security for cargo making its way to and from the city. So a "Nomad V" can use that knowledge in jobs that require this type of organization - or they can use past experience as a bargaining chip in negotiations with, say, a corporate agent who only really knows how things work within the safe space of Night City boardrooms.
- Street Kid: V's background as a Street Kid helps you navigate your way around some of Night City's more rough-cut residents. Gang members that might be distrustful of a Nomad outsider might be more open to talking candidly with a V who's "been there, done that" in the world of street gangs and dirty jobs. That street knowledge can help gain access to information that you'd otherwise have to spend bullets to get.
Background Story Choices
Backstories include key events or reasons to end up in Night city.
Notes and Trivia About V
- V's real name is Valerie for Female V and Vincent for Male V but only those close to V call them by their full name.
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.