Factions are NPC groups in Cyberpunk 2077. These special associations have different interests and objectives, and the player may increase their Reputation and Street Credibility to rise in their ranks. During V's journey, he/she will meet various people, discover new areas, and learn more about Night City through the various groups. This page covers a list of the various Factions in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Every gang in Cyberpunk 2077 has its own identity, goals, MOs, and territory.
- Corporations control the city, with constant power struggles both internal and external.
- Corporations rule the city, while gangs wreak chaos and seek their own forms .of power within
- Much of the conflict in Night City comes from gangs vs. corporations; this can be physical gunfights, or information warfare raging on the Net.
- V’s story will involve working with—and in direct opposition to—multiple gangs and corporations in order to achieve certain goals. Both are an inescapable part of life in Night City
Factions of Cyberpunk 2077
Unlike the Megacorporations with massive amounts of power and wealth of resources, survive a cutthroat business environment by being the best as they are or at least be strong enough to resist becoming another subsidiary.
Megacorporations are powerful conglomerates of corporations. Due to the failing U.S. Government, it had to rely on several megacorps to survive. This has given them the capability to operate as they will. This included the repeal of important anti-trust, worker/consumer protection, and environmental protection laws.
Damage Type affinities
Each faction has a damage type affinity tied to their nature, choice of weaponry and even lore.
|Electrical||Normal||Normal||Very Strong||Very Strong|
NCDP & MaxTac
|Chemical||Very Weak||Strong||Weak||Very Weak*|
* Netrunners' resistance to hacking is always one rank higher than that of the other members of their respective faction.