Patch Notes in Cyberpunk 2077 features an overview of all the patches released by the developer CD PROJEKT RED. The following patches are free and are released via an online update, these patches focus on game balance, performance, and localization issues.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch Notes
Date: September 6, 2022
The Edgerunners Update (Patch 1.6) is live on all platforms!
It brings various gameplay fixes and improvements, free DLCs, as well as content inspired by Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. The anime will premiere on Netflix on September 13th.
Below you can find the list of the most notable changes coming in this update.
- Wardrobe allows you to change the appearance of your outfit without changing your armor stats. You can create up to 6 outfits using the pieces of clothing you own by accessing the wardrobe in any of V's apartments and safehouses and then switch between them in the Inventory panel.
3 New Gigs
Fixers will give you 3 new gigs:
- Gig: Concrete Cage Trap - Gig type: SOS: Merc Needed - Location: Watson, Kabuki - Fixer: Regina
- Gig: Desperate Measures - Gig type: Thievery - Location: Santo Domingo, Arroyo - Fixer: El Capitan
- Gig: Nasty Hangover - Gig type: Search and Recover - Location: Santo Domingo, Arroyo - Fixer: Rogue
6 new firearms:
- Kappa (Smart Pistol)
- Senkoh LX (Tech Submachine Gun)
- Hypercritical Iconic Precision Rifle (obtainable in Gig: Concrete Cage Trap)
- VST-37 (Power Shotgun)
- MA70 HB (Power Light Machine Gun)
- Kyubi (Power Assault Rifle)
5 new melee weapons:
- Neurotoxin Knife (+ Iconic variant Blue Fang)
- Punknife (+ Iconic variant Headhunter)
- Claw (Axe)
- Razor (Machete)
- Cut-O-Matic (Chainsword)
- Added a Cross-progression feature between platforms. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can continue where you left off easily on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type (Quick, Auto, Manual, etc.). Feature becomes available after you log in with your account (from Main Menu or the in-game Load Game menu). Cross-progression may be limited when it comes to console versions with regional restrictions, you can find more details here.
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners content
- Added some secrets related to the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime series to be discovered in Night City, including new equipment and new Photo Mode features.
Arcade game: Roach Race
- You can now play a brand new mini game using arcade machines located in Night City, including the ones in the Northside, Japantown and The Glen apartments. Climb the leaderboard to earn special prizes including cash and items! (there is also an Android & iOS version of the minigame)
Nibbles in Photo Mode
- You can now take photos of Nibbles in Photo Mode! While in Photo Mode, go to the "Pose" tab and choose Nibbles in the "Character" section. Please note that this option becomes available only after you invite Nibbles to V's apartment.
- Inverted camera axis will now also apply to Photo Mode.
- Increased the camera rotation angle in Photo Mode from 60/-60 to 90/-90 degrees, making vertical shots possible.
- Added an option to modify V's face and body at Ripperdoc clinics.
- V won't continuously fidget in Character Creation anymore.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to pick up loot from drones.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to pick up loot if it was completely or partially obstructed by foliage collision.
- Fixed NPC reaction when bumping into them.
- Fixed an issue where panicked NPCs were idling or crouching instead of using a designated "hands up" animation.
- If NPCs were staggered or knocked down while shooting, they will now continue to shoot aimlessly.
- Adjusted some vehicles to the new Burn Out Mode introduced in Patch 1.5 and polished the tunes on many others.
- Added a new AWD performance variant of the Thorton Colby called the CST40.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles went in reverse when braking at low speeds.
- Fixed an issue where jacking out of an Access Point shortly before the hacking minigame starts and then completing the minigame left the
- Access Point active, allowing to connect to it again.
- Fixed an issue where the Biomonitor didn't restore Health in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where player's HP went down incredibly fast under the effect of Burn if the NPC who applied that effect used the Sandevistan dash.
- Lowered the selling price of the Target Analysis mod and changed the amount of crafting components required to craft it.
- Changed stats of the Stinger Iconic Knife. Attacks against poisoned enemies will now have a 100% chance to cause bleeding. Attacks against bleeding enemies will have a 100% chance to cause poison.
- Rearranged weapons from the Long Blade category to different categories:
- Moved the Chef's Knife to the Knife category.
- Moved the Tomahawk from Blunt weapons to Blades and placed together with the new Claw axe in the new Axe category.
- Moved the Machete and the Kukri to the new Machete category together with the new Razor machete.
- Replaced the standard Butcher's Cleaver with an Iconic version. If a player owned a Butcher's Cleaver, it will be replaced with a Knife. If a player owned a crafting recipe for Butcher's Cleaver, they will be granted a Knife recipe of matching rarity.
- Balanced Sniper Rifles. Sniper Rifles should now be only able to one-shot enemies after the player invests in this weapon archetype. Lowered damage output for the Overwatch Sniper Rifle. The Nekomata Sniper Rifle will now be easier to handle while charging.
- Lowered the price of the Slaught-O-Matic Power Pistol available for purchase from vending machines.
- Sir John Phallustiff will now have a new Iconic effect, increasing damage when hitting NPCs in the face. It will also have a chance to stun enemies with strong attacks. Gamepads will now be constantly vibrating while holding the weapon.
- The O'Five Sniper Rifle will now have a new Iconic effect, causing bigger explosions that can light the targets on fire. The more enemies are burning, the bigger are the buffs the player is getting to Crit Chance and Reload Speed. It will now come with a unique scope and require 20 Body to equip.
- The Divided We Stand Assault Rifle will now have a new Iconic effect. Bullets will now have a greater chance to miss the target, with a chance to explode into Biohazard clouds. Biohazard clouds are guaranted to poison nearby enemies.
- The Yinglong Submachine Gun will now have a new Iconic effect. The chance to cause EMP explosions has been significantly increased. Clip size has been increased to help wreak havoc with EMP explosions.
- Removed the scope slot from Tech Precision Rifles (M-179 Achilles and Widow Maker). If the player owned such a rifle with a scope attached, the scope will be removed and placed in the inventory.
- Different types of knives will now have their own specified return times indicated in their tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where Skippy had extremely low DPS on saves made on Patch 1.3 and 1.31.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to buy/craft ammo after reaching the ammo cap, wasting money/components.
- Fixed an issue where Mantis Blades with damage mods emitted blinding lights upon use.
- Melee quick attacks won't apply status effects from the currently equipped and drawn weapon anymore.
- Added new poison perks – Corrosive Poison and Critical Antidote (Ninjutsu skill tree), replacing Hasten the Inevitable and Neurotoxin perks respectively.
- Fixed an issue where the Gun Whisperer perk didn't work with the JKE-X2 Kenshin and the DR-12 Quasar.
- Rebalanced the Long Shot perk. Now it grants bonus damage only up to a certain distance threshold.
- Fixed an issue where crafting an item using an ingredient with a quest tag may not have removed that ingredient from the Inventory if the player had the Ex Nihilo perk.
- Added more secrets in Night City to be discovered by players. Due to some technical challenges, this change isn't available on the previous generation of consoles.
- Various small fixes to interactions in V's apartments and safehouses.
- V will now sleep in bed for an amount of time set by the player.
- Automatic Love - Fixed an issue where Lizzie's Club was closed during regular opening hours.
- Dream On - Using the vents to climb to the roof from the secret control room has been made easier.
- Epistrophy: The Glen, Epistrophy: Badlands - Quest will now be properly failed if the player destroys Delamain.
- I'll Fly Away - Scorpion's car will no longer glitch while driving off the ramp.
- Tapeworm - Fixed an issue where the coughing animation played with a delay, causing visual issues.
- The Ballad of Buck Ravers - Karim's Samurai merch is back in stock and available anytime at Cherry Blossom Market after completing the quest.
- The Heist - Fixed an issue where taking out enemies using a quickhack could result in the optional objective "Wait for an opportunity to take out the guards" to remain until the end of the quest.
- The Hunt - Fixed an issue where saving the game could become permanently disabled after the Braindance sequence.
- The Pickup - Fixed an issue where leaving mid-quest could result in stopping all combat music.
- Gig: Freedom of the Press - Fixed an issue where further quests from Regina were blocked if Max died during the gig.
- Gig: Getting Warmer... - Fixed an issue of enemies spawning before the gig started, whereby if killed, the player couldn't use the coolant on 8ug8ear.
- Gig: Getting Warmer... - Fixed Wakako's car driving away slowly and then disappearing in the player's view.
- Gig: Hot Merchandise - Fixed an issue where it was possible to kill Rebeca before activating the gig, blocking progress.
- Gig: Jeopardy - Fixed an issue where it was possible to talk to some of the NPCs in the funeral home despite their being dead.
- Gig: Olive Branch - Fixed an issue where the quest was reactivated with the "Talk to the man in the trunk" objective if the car with Alex Pushkin blew up.
- Gig: Playing for Keeps - Fixed NPCs' incorrect reactions after a fight in the Kashuu Hanten Bar breaks out.
- Gig: Trevor's Last Ride - Fixed an issue where Trevor's body didn't spawn in the freezer.
- Fixed an issue where Psalm 11:6 might not have dropped in a Suspected Organized Crime Activity in Northside.
- Added the Polycarbonate Nanoweave Techie Harness (outer torso piece from the Techie Set) as loot obtainable in the world.
- Added the Lightweight Hardened-Rubber Media Steel-Toes (Media Set shoes) as loot obtainable in the world.
- Readjusted the conditioning of some radio news related to gigs. As a result, there should be more radio news played in game.
- Added item preview so that it's possible to see an item on V before you buy it.
- Added an option to switch off radio subtitles in the Sound category in Settings. They will be switched off by default.
- Items placed in the stash will now properly show their monetary value in the tooltip.
- Regarranged some options and categories in Game Settings.
- Fixed an issue where languages using double-byte characters (Korean, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese) displayed overlapping save file names and dates in the Load Menu screen.
- Fixed an issue where the number of available pieces of gear for different slots didn't update after disassembling gear.
Optimized performance in the Inventory and Vendor screens.
- Fixed certain cases where a dark rectangle could remain stuck on the screen.
- Various small UI adjustments and improvements in the Character Creation, Crafting and Messages menus, popups and quest tracker.
Added the ability to enable additional content through the Additional Content menu.
- Fixed an issue where the number of available Attribute points displayed on the screen after leveling up was incorrect.
- Neon rims on bikes now come in different colors.
- Added new hairstyles in Character Creation.
- Fixed certain instances where vehicles could spawn misaligned with the surface of the road.
- Fixed an issue where cars in traffic clipped into each other when Slow HDD mode was enabled.
- Addressed an issue where floating and indestructible parts were present when destroying cars.
- Improvements in Dynamic Resolution Scaling.
- Fixed an issue where the last shot fired from a gun didn't have a recoil animation.
- Totalimmortal - Fixed the grass clipping through the floor on the way to Yorinobu's office.
- Added SFX of reloading a weapon while carrying a body.
- Improved knife throwing SFX.
- Stadium Love - 6th Street party music will now be louder.
- I Fought The Law - Fixed an issue where triggering the fight with the thugs in the market and then leaving the area without killing them caused the combat music to play indefinitely.
- Adjusted graphics setting presets to provide a higher quality setup.
- [Steam Deck] Fixed an issue where the dedicated preset was applying Ultra settings instead of properly crafted graphics settings.
- [Steam Deck] Fixed an issue where the game became unresponsive after trying to change Key Bindings.
- [Xbox Series S] Added a new Performance Mode which can be enabled in Settings > Video > Graphics Mode. FPS is aiming at 60 in 900p with Dynamic Resolution Scaling (in 800p to 1080p range).
- Added Brazilian Portuguese support for disc copies in Portugal (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16579 and CUSA-25194). For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Addressed an issue where switching between First Person Perspective and Third Person Perspective had a noticeable delay.
- Addressed the issue with input lag in Ray Tracing Mode on next-gen consoles.
- Added the missing key bindings for Toggle Walking and Holster Weapon keys.
- Added support for Razer Chroma.
- Fixed the temporary FPS drops when opening the Map or Inventory on PC and Stadia.
- Made some adjustments and improvements to the Arabic language localization.
REDmod Modding Tools
- The following changes take effect only on the PC version of the game and once the REDmod is installed.
- Added support for the new mods folder. New, REDmod compatible mods should be placed in the \Cyberpunk 2077\mods folder. The game still supports loading old mods from the archive folder, but please keep in mind that they will not appear in the REDmod menu. New, REDmod compatible mods should be added using the new mods folder for the best experience.
- Added -modded command line parameter to run the game with mods. This parameter also allows you to enable and disable mods using REDlauncher and GOG Galaxy.
- Expanded the telemetry functionality to cover mods-related data.
- Added the ability to load modified tweakdb.bin and .redscripts files.
- Added the ability to load mods.json descriptor for user's installed mods.
- Added a separate audiothread for audio modding.
- Fixed some issues with TweakDB memory allocations.
Hey chooms, remember that these are just the highlights. There's a lot more improvements and fixes in this patch, so go and check them out in the game!
- Added ray-traced local light shadows.
- Implemented native achievement support on next-gen consoles. Note that as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained in backward compatibility will not be transferred. Xbox achievements will automatically appear on the new version using the Smart Delivery feature.
- Introduced two graphics modes on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X:
- Performance Mode
- Ensures smooth gameplay at 60fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
- Ray Tracing Mode
- Provides photorealistic shadow rendering as well as gameplay at 30fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
- The Xbox Series S version has no graphics mode selection and is by default presented at 30 FPS in 1440p with dynamic resolution scaling.
- Added performance improvements which significantly decrease the number of FPS drops and improve rendering quality.
- Balanced HDR to achieve parity across all platforms.
- Various visual quality improvements.
- Added Activity Cards for PS5.
- Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented support for spatial audio on PlayStation 5 for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers via PS5 's Tempest 3D AudioTech solution.
- Implemented the use of adaptive triggers on PS5 Controllers.
- Haptic feedback is now customized based on in-game activity.
- The controller's built-in speaker is used for holocalls, text messages, and everything that happens in V's head.
This additional content is available for players on all platforms.
- Apartments can be rented (with a one-time fee) when encountered in Night City or through the EZEstates website when accessed through the computer in V's Megabuilding H10 apartment. They become available after completing the Playing for Time quest. It’s possible to rent all apartments at the same time. All apartments share the same stash.
- Northside, Watson (€$5,000)
- Japantown, Westbrook (€$15,000)
- The Glen, Heywood (€$40,000)
- Corpo Plaza, City Center (€$55,000)
- Additionally, you can now customize V’s starting apartment in Megabuilding H10 using the EZEstates website for €$10,000.
Some interactions in the apartments provide a temporary buff:
- Take shower - applies the “Refreshed” status for one hour.
- Refreshed: Allows you to regenerate Health during combat. Health will regenerate on its own up to 60% of the maximum threshold.
- If you possess the Regeneration perk, this increases in combat Health regen rate by 20% and your Health regen threshold by 20%.
- Go to sleep - regenerates health and applies the ""Rested"" status for one hour.
- Rested: Gain +20% Skill XP.
- Brew coffee - applies the “Energized” status for one hour.
- Energized: +25% Max Stamina, +30% Stamina Regen."
- You can now tweak certain features of your appearance (such as hair, makeup, piercing, etc.) when using the mirror in any of your apartments and safehouses. It’s free and you can do it as often as you like. Character customization also includes more makeup and hair color options. Who's the fairest of them all, now?
What's New at Wilson’s?
- You can check out new items in Wilson’s 2nd Amendment store in Megabuilding H10 or look for them while exploring Night City.
- 2 new weapons: Darra Polytechnic Umbra (Power Assault Rifle), Budget Arms Guillotine (Power Submachine Gun)
- 4 new weapon scopes: Kang Tao Jue long scope, Tsunami Gaki sniper scope, Arasaka Kanetsugu short scope, Handyman short scope
- New type of weapon attachments - muzzle brakes: 10 new muzzle brakes: 5 for handguns (RC-7 Ifrit, RC-7 Liger, RC-7 Dybbuk, RC-7 Kutrub, RC-7 Babaroga); 5 for assault rifles & submachine guns (RC-7 Aswang, RC-7 Varkolak, RC-7 Zaar, RC-7 Yokai, RC-7 Strigoi).
New Poses in Photo Mode
- We added a number of new poses in Photo Mode, including poses for Johnny Silverhand (only available in flashback scenes when playing as Johnny).
- Multiple fixes and improvements to NPC melee and ranged combat AI and reactions, including taking cover, positioning, reloading, equipping weapons, dodging, blocking and many others.
- Multiple improvements to dismemberment triggers, hit reactions and death animations, adding greater impact to ranged and melee combat.
- Enemies are now much better at blocking and evading (Kerenzikov) attacks. The heavier the weapon, the easier it is to hit. The opposite is true for evading.
- Further diversification of melee and ranged combat behaviors for different factions: reckless, aggressive, balanced, defensive and cautious.
- Followers now contribute more in combat but can be defeated and temporarily disabled if they receive enough punishment.
- Numerous fixes and balance changes to netrunner combat.
- Aggressive crowd behavior: certain NPC archetypes can and will enter combat with the player when provoked by aiming, shooting or fighting. Due to some technical challenges, this change is not available on the previous generation of consoles.
- Time skips affect the state of NPCs, as well as reset the state of the devices, environments and certain scenes.
- Improved crowd reactions, pathfinding and despawning.
- Introducing our all new Burn Out Mode! Hold Gas + Brake to engage, steer to rotate. The old system only allowed rotating on the spot, now try modulating the inputs to see what you can do! Try brake stands, donuts, drifts or heat up the tires to do a drag-race style launch with a High Grip boost. The system now works at higher speeds, so you can hit the brake with gas applied on corner entry to cause oversteer on most cars. Keyboard users can optionally use new Secondary bindings on arrow keys (some keyboards ignore the third key press when just using WASD), but gamepads allow the most control of the system (as gamepads in general provide the driving experience preferred by a vast majority of players).
- New Braking system produces consistent performance, front to rear, across all speeds. ABS simulation added. All vehicles brakes have been tuned to the new model.
- Engine simulation improved. Clutch simulation added. These changes improve resistance forces from the engine when shifting, helping to remove unwanted wheel spin events.
- Gearbox simulation improved. Much improved downshifting behavior. Transmission now realistically downshifts and has smarter shift logic to keep the engine in its sweet spot. Forward <-> Reverse shifting has been totally redone, allowing for J-Turns / Rockfords.
- Motorcycles improved. All of the above improvements help to make them more stable. Additionally, steering model improvements have been added, and they have been retuned.
- Tune improvements to various cars. Quadra Type-66 (all models, especially Avenger), Mizutani Shion (especially MZ2), Herrera Outlaw (major pass) & base MaiMai all had steering improvements implemented and more.
- Added adjustments to first-person perspective to all vehicles that needed it. In addition, Nomad vehicles with CrystalDome technology now digitally omit objects obscuring view.
- Visual improvement to traffic movement: turning and suspension.
- Panic reaction to danger: traffic now has the ability to drive away in panic from danger. NPC passengers can now die from car crashes.
- Reactions to fender benders: vehicles now have a wider range of reactions to being bumped into, and will recover and return to traffic more smoothly.
- Various changes related to the economy, including increased rewards from jobs and Open World activities and decreased prices for vehicles and cyberware.
- Rebalanced and improved functionality of clothing mods. Adjusted the amount of modification slots available on clothing items. Categorized the mods to fit only specific clothing items. As a result, all equipped mods were moved back to your inventory. Go to the Inventory screen to re-equip them in accordance with the new rules.
- The "Easy" game difficulty is now moderately more challenging.
- Introduced 2 new stats replacing Evasion: Mitigation Chance and Mitigation Strength. Mitigation Chance determines how often the player has a chance to reduce incoming damage. Mitigation Strength determines the percentage by which damage is reduced (50% by default).
- Components that used to increase Evasion now affect Mitigation. For example: the Reflexes attribute, perks such as Mongoose, Vanishing Point, Human Shield, some clothing mods and cyberware, and more.
- Rebalanced Damage Over Time effects, generally reducing primary damage effects such as Burning, Bleeding and Poison.
- Reduced chance to disrupt trajectory of smart bullets by Tyger Claws' Glowing Tattoos ability.
- Added a quieter way to escape the NCPD when the heat is on. Instead of fleeing a certain distance from the most recent crime scene, V can opt to hide within the search area, although it will take longer for the police to stop looking.
- It's now possible to sell unused cyberware at a Ripperdoc.
- Cooldown duration is now properly described in the tooltip of Blood Pump cyberware.
- Made it possible to interrupt the Revealing Position hack by damaging the netrunner or by having immunity from Self-ICE cyberware.
- Activating Berserk will now double Stamina instead of granting an infinite amount.
- Tranquilizer Rounds in the Projectile Launch System no longer affect non-human NPCs.
- Reduced the ricochet number of the Legendary Ballistic Coprocessor to 1, but grants a 50% bonus to ricochet damage.
- Trajectory Generator (Kiroshi Optics mod) has been changed to Threat Analysis and now grants a 2% Mitigation Chance. Mitigation grants a chance to reduce incoming damage by the percentage indicated by Mitigation Strength (50% by default).
- Increased duration of Optical Camo cyberware for V from 5/10/15 to 10/15/15 per rarity level.
- Added the Optical Camo ability for some NPCs.
- Even with Optical Camo active, the player will now be visible while grappling an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to equip some cyberware mods simultaneously.
- Numerous optimizations to combat AI resulting in an overall improved combat experience.
- Numerous fixes and improvements were made to reduce interruptions and smoothen NPC animations in combat, including attack, death, equip weapon, cover, hit reaction, reload, block and dodge animations. You can expect more consistent feeling of impact and crowd control from weapons as well as more spectacular visuals.
- Enemies will now correctly reposition to more tactically advantageous positions.
- Increased followers' shooting accuracy.
- Reduced explosion damage dealt to the player.
- Fixed cases where NPCs from the same group or faction didn't join combat when they witnessed their comrades fighting.
- Fixed an issue whereby NPCs didn't display a proper hit reaction when hit with a grenade upon entering combat.
- Enemy shotgunners will now attempt to keep a closer distance to the player during combat.
- Added some visual effects to the combat stims used by enemies.
- Enemies equipped with combat stims will use them only when their health is below 30%, reducing their overall stimulant usage.
- Increased visual complexity of enemy combat behavior in low-framerate mode.
- Fixed an issue when combat mode was triggered while roaming.
- Fixed an issue where the player could be knocked down by a hammer attack despite the weapon not reaching them.
- Significantly sped up switching between melee and ranged weapons for NPCs that can use both.
- It's no longer possible to apply the Cyberpsychosis quickhack on cyberpsychos.
- Fixed an issue where deactivating a camera with a quickhack wouldn't interrupt enemy quickhack upload when the camera in question was used as a connection proxy.
- Fixed cases where a "hacked" status effect could remain on V permanently, preventing netrunners from hacking V again.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the Whistle quickhack didn't cause NPCs to approach V's position.
Items & Devices
- It's now possible to turn devices on and off while carrying a body.
- Fixed an issue where elevator door animations did sometimes not display properly, causing the player to see beyond world boundaries.
Bonus items found in stash (2 DLC Jackets + 4 Registration Reward items) have new functionality:
- From now on, these items will increase their Rarity after performing a certain amount of upgrades.
- Added a base crafting spec for each item (Rare quality). The player's list of available crafting specs on existing saves will be properly updated to accommodate this change.
- Lowered the health of the opponents in Beat on the Brat, except for the Twins - they can now block and/or evade attacks, so their difficulty is based more on skill.
- Woodman now prefers using the same Ajax rifle that he drops as loot. He was also demoted from a boss to a standard enemy.
- Fixed NPC behavior during Sasquatch, Oda, Adam Smasher, Royce and Beat on the Brat boss fights.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs couldn't break V's guard in melee fights.
- Fixed clipping in V's and NPCs' aerial takedowns.
- Spin and kick melee attacks are now allowed only on fast, agile enemy archetypes.
- Cold Blood experience will no longer be awarded when dispatching enemies while having no Cold Blood effect active. The amount of Cold Blood experience granted for dispatching enemies increases with the amount of active Cold Blood stacks.
- Fixed clipping when grappling enemies from the crouched position.
- Enemy shotgunners now deal more damage.
- Enemies are less likely to attack V while V is performing a finisher.
- Increased damage dealt by sniper NPCs.
- Snipers will now be able to shoot when backing away from their target.
- Disabled tripping over bodies for V's companions.
- Rebalanced NPC Stamina.
- NPCs crushed by a vehicle that are unable to recover will die after some time.
- Fixed V's death animations that play while grappling an NPC.
- Fixed an issue where security, bouncers and police NPCs could have a bounty on them.
- Fixed some instances of NPCs T-posing.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs with the ability to apply status effects weren't able to do so.
- Added a 15% health debuff for enemies that have the Kerenzikov ability to compensate for more successful dodging.
- Rebalanced various perks and moved some of them in the skill tree. As a result, all the Perk points you spent were reset. Go to the Perks screen to reassign your Perk points for free.
Redesigned the following perks:
- Human Shield
- Cold Blood
- Coldest Blood
Added new perks replacing some older ones.
- Due to the above-mentioned changes in perks, we renamed the Stealth skill tree to Ninjutsu in order to better reflect the perks it contains.
- Made the bonuses dynamic for 200% Efficiency, Field Technician and Cutting Edge. They are now applied to already crafted weapons and clothes. Respecing perks removes the bonuses correctly.
- V is now able to vault/climb/jump/sprint through glass that has been fractured.
- Fixed an issue where disposing a body into a crate could move V into walls or out of bounds.
- Fixed an issue when summoned vehicles could spawn within each other, resulting in either shattering to pieces or being launched in the air.
- Fixed an issue where hijacking a car with a hostile NPC inside caused them to clip through the roof and remain inside the vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles could be frozen in the air after loading a save file. Now they are just regular boring cars that fall down.
- Reworked throwing knives - knives are not lost after each throw, but automatically return to V's hands after a set cooldown time (dependent of knife rarity). It's also possible to pick up thrown knives, resetting the cooldown.
- The Stinger Iconic knife now scales properly to V's level when obtained.
- Sped up Smart Gun projectiles on different weapons to the same value as in the Kang Tao G-58 Dian for a better feeling of impact and speed.
- Increased silenced gunshot sound range from 3m to 8m.
- The "Stamina Cost Reduction While Attacking" stat on melee weapons works correctly now.
- Crunch, Cold Shoulder and Pax weapon mods will increase weapon damage by a percentage value.
- The level requirement of melee weapons will now increase with each upgrade. Note: the level of upgraded melee weapons will be adjusted as a result of this change. The equipped items which exceed the level requirement can continue being used but, if unequipped, will have to wait until the required level is reached to be used again.
- The DR5 Nova obtained during the Stadium Love quest has stats properly balanced to V's level.
- The Crusher is no longer a viable weapon to use during the shooting competition in the Shoot to Thrill quest.
- Added aim assist to the bottles in Cassidy's challenge in We Gotta Live Together to make it easier to beat with a gamepad.
- Various map usability improvements related to resizing icons, adding new tooltips and filters. This includes a dynamic filter based on zoom level as well as a custom filter which can be configured by the player.
- Redesigned the "Skip Time" interface. It makes switching between different parts of a day easier and shows predicted time.
- Updated graphics for various scopes, as well as increased clarity and new animations.
- Improved readability, consistency and visuals in UI panels, notifications and popups.
- Added a new notification with the song's name when it starts playing on the radio.
- The name of the vehicle will now be shown on the HUD when getting in.
- Items placed in your stash will now have stats properly displayed in their tooltips.
- Adjusted the crosshair for knife-throwing.
- Added a buff stack counter next to the health bar to show how many stacks of a certain status effect are active.
- Improved D-pad navigation on various screens and panels.
- Added missing description for Wakako's Database entry.
- I Fought The Law - Improved the interface of the electrical box to give more feedback when interacting with it.
- Fixed an issue when the mouse cursor didn't scale properly in different resolutions.
- Fixed an issue where the Fast Travel destination area appeared before the loading screen. No more spoilers, Choomba!
- Fixed an issue where brackets of tutorial windows could be visible in menus.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if a shard was read directly from the loot container and immediately closed afterwards.
- Fixed an issue where the loading indicator could get stuck on the screen.
- Added a few secrets in Night City to be discovered by players. Due to some technical challenges, this change is not available on the previous generation of consoles.
- Extended romances with Panam, Kerry, River and Judy by adding new messages and interactions.
- Added interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner.
- It's now possible to mute the NCPD dispatcher and fixer brief/debrief holocalls. This automatically skips the call and sends you text messages instead. You can customize this feature in Settings > Gameplay > Holocalls. By default, the NCPD dispatcher is muted and fixers are unmuted.
- Players are now able to reject non-essential holocalls. There will be a prompt on the screen allowing them to accept or reject a holocall. If they reject the call, they will receive a text message instead.
- Improved the holocall system to prevent multiple holocalls from stacking if the first call loads too slowly.
- Enhanced Night City nightlife by making music in clubs a bit louder.
- Fixed an issue where the distorted visual effect could persist after coming back from Cyberspace.
- Fixed an issue where River would instantly hang up after calling him. How rude!
- Automatic Love - Fixed cases where Lizzie's Bar was closed during the hours it should be open.
- Beat on the Brat - Separate journal entries for each fight will now appear only after finding them.
- Beat on the Brat - V will no longer be able to equip previously dropped weapons during fistfights
- Beat on the Brat: The Glen - Fixed an issue where, despite letting El Cesar keep his car, he was messaging V asking if they took care of it.
- Coin Operated Boy - Theo will no longer be despawned during the "Talk to Theo" objective.
- Disasterpiece - Fixed an issue where V was unable to get in the van to talk to Judy after obtaining the XBD.
- Dressed to Kill - Fixed an issue where the Thorton Colby car was missing.
- Epistrophy - Separate journal entries for different Delamains will now appear only after finding them.
- Epistrophy - Added new comments for the Delamain cab after finishing the quest and selecting the "liberate" or "merge" option.
- Ex-Factor - Fixed a case of Judy never calling to start the quest.
- Ex-Factor - Fixed an issue where Judy didn't spawn at the Clouds' balcony, blocking quest progression.
- Ex-Factor - If the player didn't loot Maiko's Death and Taxes pistol during the quest, it can now be found somewhere else.
- I Fought The Law - V can no longer wait inside River's car while an important scene with Detective Han plays.
- Killing in the Name - When hacking the router, the minigame will be displayed properly even in cases where V doesn't have a Cyberdeck equipped.
- Life During Wartime - Fixed an issue where the "Scan the tracks" objective could change location.
- M'ap Tann Pèlen - Fixed an issue where the NPCs in the butcher shop didn't spawn, blocking further progression.
- M'ap Tann Pelèn - Fixed a rare case of Placide being even more grumpy than usual and refusing to talk to V at Rolland's.
- Off the Leash - Some fans at the Kerry & Us Cracks concert weren't happy to see other people copying their outfits, so they got changed.
- Pisces - Fixed an issue that could prevent V from leaving Hiromi's apartment if they called someone during the elevator ride to the maintenance floor.
- Riders on the Storm - Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, it wasn't possible to talk to Panam and Mitch.
- Search and Destroy - Fixed an issue where further main quests didn't appear after completing this quest.
- Sweet Dreams - Quest will no longer reappear in the journal with the "Talk to Stefan" objective if Stefan's braindance was refunded after V initially rejected the offer.
- The Information - Added a choice to skip the braindance tutorial sequence.
- These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - V's old car will no longer be missing.
- With a Little Help from My Friends - Fixed an issue where Panam wouldn't call to start the quest after Riders on the Storm.
- V now has standing with fixers throughout Night City. New fixer gigs will appear gradually in sets as your standing increases, and a fixer will offer you another set of gigs only after the previous set is completed in a given district. Completing all the gigs for a fixer will earn you a special reward (excluding Mr. Hands - sorry, he just doesn't like you, choom.) To see the progress of your standing with a fixer, hover over their icon on the map screen and check the completed gigs.
- Crowds and communities of Night City are now more diverse during the day and at night. Increased occurrences and added more variety of conversations in all districts.
- Assault in Progress in Charter Hill - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to pick up evidence.
- Assault in Progress in Corpo Plaza - Fixed an issue where the quest could be blocked if the player collected evidence before visiting Heywood.
- Assault in Progress in Kabuki - Fixed an issue when the activity would reappear on the map after completing The Prophet's Song.
- Gig: Breaking News - Fixed an issue where the truck would fall underground blocking further progression. Note: the vehicle will now spawn after getting close to the garage, despite the marker pointing below the ground.
- Gig: Family Heirloom - Fixed an issue where the gig didn't trigger when approaching the marker and was stuck on "Undiscovered".
- Gig: Freedom of the Press - Quest will no longer fail upon entering the TV studio building.
- Gig: Going-Away Party - Fixed an issue where the car spawned underground. If you encountered this issue, you may need to start escorting Flavio in order for the car to spawn.
- Gig: Guinea Pigs - Fixed an issue where the elevator inside the hotel was closed, blocking further progression.
- Gig: Life's Work - Fixed an issue where the car didn't spawn or spawned incorrectly.
- Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away - The SUV will now spawn properly.
- Reported Crime: Paranoia - It's now easier to climb the building and reach the stash.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the Water - Fixed an issue where "Search the van [Optional]" was the only objective left and couldn't be completed.
GRAPHICS, AUDIO, ANIMATION, CINEMATIC DESIGN
- Improved water appearance and added water interactions. Ripples and splash effects will be produced during various events, like object collisions and from gunfire.
- Improved rain visual effects on vehicle windows. Raindrops are no longer afraid of falling.
- Added neon rims for bikes. You can switch them on and off with the E key (or by pressing Left Stick on a gamepad).
- Improved visuals of the Optical Camo cyberware. If Johnny had this cyberware in 2023, he could've just quietly dropped the mini nuke.
- Fixed an issue where various subtitles with Johnny's lines could get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a number of AVs flying through buildings.
ENVIRONMENT AND LEVELS
- Improved the weather system so that its states change in a more logical order and when certain conditions are met.
- Drastically reduced the amount of loot lying around as a part of an effort to allow players more breathing room to experience quest scenes and the world itself.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- HDD Mode has now an auto-detection option. When enabled, it automatically detects which drive the game is installed on, and, if neccessary, boosts data loading and crowd activity at the expense of crowd variety, extra loading screens, and less detail in the streets when driving fast.
- Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). On PC it can be enabled in Settings > Graphics > Resolution Scaling. The option is not configurable on consoles.
- Multiple fixes and improvements related to stability and optimization.
- Added a benchmark mode. You can find it in Settings > Run Benchmark.
- Added a "Toggle walking" option when playing with keyboard. It is activated by pressing G during exploration. The key can be rebinded in Settings.
- Enabled transparent ray-traced reflections on glossy coating of some cars.
- Enabled Variable Rate Shading (VRS). This feature boosts rendering performance and visual quality by varying the shading rate for different regions of the frame. Available only on compatible hardware.
- Fixed an issue which blocked Resolution Scaling on AMD graphics cards when Ray Tracing was enabled.
Discontinued support for NVIDIA 700 Series graphics cards.
- Due to the end of support for graphics drivers, we've decided to change the minimum system requirements of NVIDIA graphics cards to GTX 970.
- The game won't necessarily stop functioning on said cards, however, we are no longer testing the game on NVIDIA 700 Series graphics cards.
Windows 7: future support
- Due to technical limitations of non-native DirectX 12 implementation on Windows 7, and the end of, or limited, support for graphics drivers, game updates will not be supporting Windows 7 after June 15, 2022. If updated with patches published after that time, the game may stop working on this operating system.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese support for digital copies in Portugal (PlayStation codes: CUSA-18278 and CUSA-18279). For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented transferring saves from PS4 to PS5. Instructions can be found here.
- Fixed an issue where V's mouth and hair could be visible in first-person perspective.
- Increased the scale of Field of View to match other platforms.
Date: March 30th 2021
- The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.
- New Steering Sensitivity slider added to Controls settings. Allows reducing steering speed for all vehicles, on all input devices. Particularly useful for keyboard users.
- Adjusted the vehicle steering code to work better in low and extreme high frame rate situations to produce more consistent results. Improves steering on base consoles noticeably.
- Unstuck Rocking/Rotating feature added to all vehicles. Use Left Stick or A/D W/S or LShift/LCtrl to engage rocking and rotating to stuck/beached vehicles to try and free them.
- Minor driving model tune revisions to some vehicles to improve steering, cure excessive body roll and oversteer.
- Fixed an issue where aiming while under the effect of the “Berserk” cyberware moved the crosshair with no input from the player.
- Adjusted fire rate of the helicopter turret in Love Like Fire.
- Police vehicles will no longer immediately despawn after getting into Kerry’s car during Rebel! Rebel!
- Fixed an issue where Projectile Launch System had no cooldown.
- Bump reaction for friendly NPCs has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue where grappled enemies played voice lines as if the player bumped into them.
- Using Zetatech Sandevistan MK. 1 cyberware now correctly slows time.
- Player can no longer cancel fall damage by performing a slide action when about to fall from greater heights
- It is no longer possible to perform Gorilla Arms finishers against civilians.
- Fixed an issue where V could get pushed too far by a speeding vehicle.
- If V picks up a body containing a quest item, the item will now be automatically added to the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where a civilian running from a driving player could react incorrectly.
- Picking up or grappling an NPC with a burning or EMP status now transfers the status to the player.
- Improved jacking in interactions with forklifts.
- Fixed an issue where dodging right after the Kerenzikov cyberware effect ended resulted in pushing V a great distance forward.
- Fixed an issue where enemies did not fall on the ground after being killed with Synapse Burnout.
- Fixed an issue where Breach Protocol was not working correctly against Sasquatch.
- Fixed an issue preventing Placide from being taken down in stealth.
- Short Circuit quickhack’s damage over time will no longer finish off defeated enemies.
- Cyberpsychos and minibosses are now immune to Tranquilizer rounds and System Reset Quickhack.
- Fixed an issue where stacking cooldown reduction over 100% could result in blocking quickhacks.
- V can no longer use consumables in situations where scene context would not support it.
- Clothing vendors now sell items more suitable for the location.
- Cat food needed to adopt Nibbles can now be bought at several food shops around Night City.
- The item for resetting perk points (TABULA E-RASA) can now be bought at a reduced price.
- Reduced amount of higher quality crafting components needed to craft iconic items.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in empty buildings when exiting a vehicle parked close to a wall.
- Data is now correctly displayed when scanning the Militech Manticore AV.
- Fixed the prompt on an unavailable Vehicle door that said “Locked ”.
- Fixed an issue where dumping a body in the trunk started the vehicle’s engine.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs turning the steering wheel broke their upper body animations.
- Gorilla Arms damage has been increased by 20%.
- Reduced prices of Kiroshi optics fragment recipes.
- Reduced power of revolver wielding NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where disassembling part of a stack granted the number of experience as if the entire stack was disassembled.
- Disassembling grenades now properly grants Common and Uncommon components.
- Extending the sliding ladder won’t result in player’s death if they are below it.
- Fixed several door blockers that could make enemy NPCs stuck, preventing them from being killed.
- Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to trip over other NPCs too often.
- V should now automatically unequip a charged grenade when entering safe areas.
- Fixed an issue where pedestrians could get teleported after being hit by a vehicle.
- Transmigration trait is now unlockable at Breach Protocol level 20, rather than 16. Players who unlocked Transmigration pre-level 20 and did not yet reach that level will have the trait locked and Perk Points for it restored.
- Getting knocked down by vehicles no longer kills V after unlocking ‘The Rock” perk.
- Fixed an issue where switching the weapon in the inventory two times in a row could result in the weapon not being displayed in-game.
- Fixed an issue where completion of The Wasteland achievement could be blocked under certain circumstances.
- Multiple GPS improvements and fixes for the pathing in various activities and quests.
- Fixed an issue where one of the laser trip mines in Gig: Wakako’s Favorite would not explode upon walking over the laser.
- Fixed instances of NPCs not entering combat when the player approached them in Reported Crime: A Stroke of Luck.
- Fixed an access point sinking into level geometry in Gig: Greed Never Pays.
- Fixed an issue where one of the laser trip mines in Gig: Greed Never Pays could not be interacted with.
- Breaking a window during Gig: On a Tight Leash will now properly alarm nearby NPCs.
- A certain enemy NPC should now properly attack V in melee during Gig: Welcome to America, Comrade.
- Fixed cyberpsycho’s behavior at the beginning of combat during Cyberpsycho Sighting: House on a Hill.
- Fixed AV collision to avoid the player being pushed off or stuck in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Opposites Attract.
- Fixed tracked map markers flying off the minimap occasionally.
- Fixed an issue where throwing multiple grenades in quick succession could make V equip an incorrect grenade.
- Fixed inactive Breach Protocol option in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: New Boss, New Rules.
- Fixed River Ward’s behavior while following the player in The Hunt.
- Fixed an issue where enemies at the crash site in Life During Wartime were not able to attack the player at range.
- Fixed an issue where one of the Scavs would not alarm others after finding a body during The Rescue.
- Jackie should no longer use stealth chatter just before combat in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue where an exploding mine would not alarm nearby enemies in Gig: Goodbye, Night City.
- Panam now occupies a different sniping spot during the fight with the Raffens in Ghost Town.
- Fixed an issue where Rogue would idle after the elevator ride in Arasaka Tower during Never Fade Away.
- Fixed an issue in The Pickup where the detonator in All Foods could not be interacted with.
- Jackie will now empty his clip before reloading in The Rescue.
- The cyberpsycho in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Second Chances should now respond to the player attacking at range correctly.
- Corrected use of cover for friendly NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where Panam’s car could get launched into the air in With a Little Help from my Friends.
- Fixed an issue where Delamain cab would launch into the air after leaving Afterlife in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue where other cars in the race in The Beast in Me: City Center could get teleported under certain circumstances causing the player to drop to the last place.
- The car will no longer be misplaced after skipping the ride to the Piez restaurant with Joshua in Sinnerman.
- Posters in Stadium Love can no longer be destroyed before the contest (which could lead to blocked progression).
- They Won’t Go When I Go now updates properly if V leaves the studio early.
- Fixed inability to draw weapons at the Poppy Farm during The Hunt.
- Fixed an issue where using grapple on gang members could break progression in Stadium Love.
- The Pickup no longer gets blocked if Dum Dum dies at the exact same time as the last enemy.
- The Pickup no longer gets blocked if player attacks Maelstrom before entering All Foods.
- It’s now possible to download eddies from cracked Militech’s shard if it was not used during The Pickup.
- The penthouse from Path of Glory can no longer be accessed earlier in the game.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual now triggers properly, regardless of which way the player approaches the quest area.
- Takemura’s appearance is now present in the holocall in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed an issue where Rogue would keep repeating the same dialogue line in Never Fade Away.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in Rogue’s booth in Ghost Town.
- Fixed an issue where Mr. Hands would not call V after finishing Double Life.
- Fixed an issue where Teddy, Carol and Cassidy would repeat their movements if player reloaded the game during the last conversation in Gun Music.
- Fixed an issue where a holocall from Regina would cut off but persist on-screen upon arriving at one of the cyberpsycho sightings sites.
- Fixed an issue where meeting with Panam while on a holocall with her in Ghost Town could block progression.
- Panam now properly says her final dialogue line in All Along the Watchtower.
- It’s no longer possible to get into Delamain in Badlands while riding a motorcycle, which could result in crashes or getting stuck in a third-person perspective.
- It’s no longer possible to leave the quest area while inside the Basilisk in Queen of the Highway.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to interact with Panam if player used fast-travel during the last scene of Queen of the Highway.
- It’s no longer possible for Frank’s holocall to interrupt a conversation with the Nomads by the Basilisk in Queen of the Highway.
- Bob and Mitch will no longer clip through the flatbed while entering it in With a Little Help from My Friends.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from receiving holocalls if they left the Nomad camp immediately after delivering the flatbeds in With a Little Help from My Friends.
- It’s no longer possible for Nomads to get stranded behind the gate of the netrunners’ nest in Arasaka Tower in Belly of the Beast.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from receiving holocalls if they left the train station during With a Little Help from My Friends.
- Fixed additional contexts where Jackie could be missing from in front of All Foods factory during The Pickup.
- V can no longer leave Jinguji in the middle of the combat with cyberpsycho in Bullets and block the quest’s progress.
- Calling Nancy from Totentanz or escaping the club in the middle of the quest no longer blocks the progress of Holdin’ On.
- Fixed an issue where music in Totentanz would be missing if player left and came back to the club.
- Fixed an additional scenario where Dum Dum could be missing from in front of the Totentanz entrance in Second Conflict.
- It will no longer be possible to see the decorations change in Denny’s villa during Holdin’ On.
- It is no longer possible to use guns near the arcades during the Raymond Chandler Evening fistfight. // You can no longer pull an Indiana Jones in El Coyote Cojo.
- It is now possible to open Barry’s door from the inside after re-entering his apartment in Happy Together.
- Happy Together now instantly fails if the player breaks the law near the NCPD officers.
- In order to complete the “Try talking to Barry in a few hours” objective at the end of Happy Together player now needs to leave the immediate area of Barry’s apartment and come back after a few hours have passed.
- When Aldecaldos move or leave Night City, all signs of their old camp will now be cleaned up.
- It’s no longer possible to be blocked out of combat in Forward to Death while driving the Basilisk through the construction site.
- Fixed an issue where A Like Supreme would not start correctly if Second Conflict’s final scene was rushed.
- Fixed an issue where Second Conflict could get blocked if player rushed into the elevator with Nancy in Totentanz.
- The objective in the first braindance in The Hunt is now more clear.
- Killing in the Name now fails automatically if the player fails Chippin’ In.
- The TV in Tom’s Diner can no longer be destroyed. If a player destroyed it before this update it will now be fixed and the news will be displayed correctly to progress Playing for Time.
- Fixed a rare scenario where the painting wouldn’t appear in the drop pod in Space Oddity.
- It’s no longer possible to get stuck in the water of the Power Plant after leaving the area in Lightning Breaks.
- Space Oddity no longer spawns multiple paintings blocking the quest’s progress.
- Fixed an issue where leaving and returning after the briefing in Riders on the Storm would block the quest’s progress.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the Water no longer reappears in the journal after being completed.
- Fixed an issue where router in Killing in the Name would not be interactable if player left and returned to the quest area.
- Automatic Love’s progress will no longer get blocked by an invisible wall in Judy’s workshop.
- Fixed an issue where A Like Supreme could get blocked if player rushed to the toilet to take a pill before finishing a conversation with Nancy.
- Max Tac will now interact with V even if the cyberpsycho was killed solo before their arrival to Jinguji in Bullets.
- In The Pickup, it’s no longer possible to trigger both scenarios at the same time: a peaceful deal with Maelstrom and fighting them.
- Jackie will no longer get stuck in All Foods if you sneak past the boss fight with Royce
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to take an elevator to Embers in Nocturne OP55N1.
- Fixed an issue where player would be stuck without the phone and weapons upon leaving the shooting range before talking to Wilson in Shoot to Thrill.
- Jesse should no longer disappear while getting out of the car in Burning Desire/Night Moves if the player took too long to get to the ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the player’s vehicle falling under the map after colliding with a white truck in Burning Desire/Night Moves.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from receiving holocalls if they left the monk without meditating in Imagine, Stairway To Heaven, Poem Of The Atoms, or Meetings Along The Edge.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes not receive holocalls from Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Destroying North Oak Delamain no longer prevents player from talking to the monk in Poem of the Atoms.
- Fixed an issue where I Fought the Law could get stuck on the “Talk to Jefferson” objective.
- Fixed an issue where leaving Both Sides, Now quest area could prevent the player from starting other sidequests.
- Maiko now correctly dies when pushed down from Megabuilding H8 in Pisces.
- Judy no longer follows the player around the world if they left the quest area before entering the brainandce studio in Disasterpiece.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in one of the dollhouse booths during Automatic Love.
- Fixed an issue where Coin Operated Boy could get blocked if player didn’t talk to Brendan immediately after seeing his conversation with a girl.
- Fixed an issue in The Space in Between where conversation with Fingers would not start if V sneaked into his office through the window.
- Fixed an issue where Panam’s quest-related dialogue options could be missing before getting into the Basilisk in Queen of the Highway.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Lex Talionis is now correctly marked on the map.
- Fixed an issue where leaving the quest area too quickly, before Claire reached her car, in The Beast in Me would prevent player from starting other quests.
- Fixed an issue where The Beast in Me: Santo Domingo Race and A Day in the Life could be active at the same time causing some problems.
- Fixed an issue where fast-forwarding the scene with Sandra Dorsett in the bathtub in The Rescue would result in Trauma Team not arriving at the balcony.
- Added a physical reward from Regina for defeating all cyberpsychos that can be found in her office.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura would sometimes not call back after doing the reconnaissance alone in Gimme Danger.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck on the roof of Fingers’ Clinic.
- Fixed an issue where no more main missions would appear after finishing Playing for time.
- Quest icon is now correctly removed from Johnny’s clothing set after Breathtaking achievement has been unlocked.
- It’s no longer possible to get locked out of the Silver Pixel Cloud cinema in Blistering Love.
- Fixed an issue where skipping time in Blistering Love could block the quest’s progression.
- Rogue no longer disappears if player took too long to take the pills in Blistering Love.
- Fixed an issue where Rogue would not leave the car upon arriving at the Silver Pixel Cloud cinema in Blistering Love.
- Fixed an issue where player would not be able to continue the main storyline after completing Search and Destroy.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from talking to Theo in Coin Operated Boy.
- Fixed an issue where Cyberpsycho Sighting: On Deaf Ears wouldn’t count as completed if V killed the cyberpsycho before finishing the holocall brief with Regina. For players who already finished the quest it will be marked as completed.
- “Talk to Kirk” objective is now correctly marked on the map in Small Man, Big Mouth.
- Reloading auto-save created on the encounter at Ebunike during Chippin’ In no longer results in replaying Johnny’s dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where Grayson could be immortal during the encounter at Ebunike in Chippin’ In if met on the lower deck or attacked from a large distance.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent player from leaving the quest area by car in Chippin’ In.
- Fixed Rogue’s erratic movements during Grayson’s interrogation in Chippin’ In.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from killing Grayson during the interrogation scene if he wasn’t damaged during combat in Chippin’ In.
- It is now possible to talk to Mitch about the panzer training and complete the optional objective in We Gotta Live Together.
- It’s no longer possible to get blocked when drinking and chatting with the veterans in We Gotta Live Together.
- Fixed an issue in The Pickup where player could trigger the combat with Royce while being outside All Foods which blocked the quest’s progression.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the door to Lizzie’s Bar to become sealed if the player decided to walk away from the entrance in The Information.
- Fixed an issue where calling Wakako from the journal during a conversation with Judy could block both conversations.
- Misty can no longer get killed by a stray bullet in Heroes.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression if the player took Panam’s Overwatch rifle and disassembled it before she offered it to V in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue that could block the drive to the Wraith camp if the player abandoned the quest midway through in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression when performing a save/load cycle while escaping the Wraith camp through the pipe in Riders on the Storm.
- Quest objective now properly updates if player rushes through the pipe to find Saul in Riders on the Storm
- It is now possible to go alone straight into the camp without waiting for Panam in the Riders on the Storm.
- It’s no longer possible to reactivate Pyramid Song by returning to the quest area and jumping into the water after it already failed.
- Skippy will now properly count NPCs that were killed or defeated with his help regardless of installed mods and cyberware. Conversations with Skippy will be adjusted to player’s actions more dynamically.
- It is now possible to use weapons at the entirety of Batty’s Hotel back parking lot.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from talking to the NCPD officers at the beginning of Happy Together.
- Happy Together will now fail immediately if the NCPD officers spot V carrying a dead body.
- Fixed an issue with the jacket being not available if the player loots and disassembles it before talking to Kirk in the Small Man, Big Mouth quest.
- Maman Brigitte will now always properly answer V’s phone call in the Transmission.
- Placide’s call will no longer be interrupted by other calls in I Walk the Line .
- Fixed an issue where Dum Dum could be present in Totentanz during Second Conflict and become hostile towards V, blocking progress, even though he was killed during The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue where the guards wouldn’t move away from the elevator door in Nocturne Op55N1 if player backed away while approaching it for the first time.
- Fixed an issue that prevented player from selecting destination after getting into the AV in The Corpo-Rat.
- It is no longer possible to leave the basketball field near Lizzie’s Bar prematurely in The Corpo-Rat.
- Fixed an issue where player could not move after losing a fight against Rhino in Beat on the Brat.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to talk to Jackie after finishing the scene with Viktor in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue where Maelstromers wouldn’t spawn when player used another path to reach Nancy’s room instead of following Patricia in Second Conflict.
- Fixed an issue where under specific circumstances, players could become locked out of certain abilities by taking a ride with River in I Fought The Law but then abandoning the quest.
- Fixed an issue where Nancy could disappear while being escorted out from Totentanz in Second Conflict.
- Fixed an issue where the elevator in Totentanz could stop on the second floor instead of the ground floor after V interacted with its panel in Second Conflict.
- Delamain now only calls once when V is close to a lost cab in Epistrophy (instead of calling each time V is in the vicinity of a lost cab).
- Fixed an issue that could lead to equipment not getting properly removed or items getting lost inside the Scavengers apartment in Sweet Dreams .
- It’s no longer possible to destroy the car with the mysterious conspirators inside in The Prophet’s Song, which prevented player from looting the chip.
- It’s no longer possible to kill Garry after killing the Nomads in The Prophet’s Song, which therefore can be completed now. TheJournal entrywill be cleaned.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with Misty in her shop would not be possible if the player left Heroes mid-quest to pursue The Fool on the Hill.
- Completing Psycho Killer now rewards the player with experience
- Increased the value of Liam’s bribe in Violence.
- Various other quest improvements and fixes.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the objective for destroying flamingos if they were destroyed before the objective was active in Epistrophy: Rancho Coronado.
- Collisions will no longer fail to stream in randomly during driving, which could lead to V driving into buildings and falling out of the world.
- Destructibles will no longer become indestructible after loading a save.
- Fixed an issue where some NCPD Hustles were not marked as finished after looting the objective container.
- Fixed an issue where achievements for completing district activities were not always unlocked.
- Failing Gig: No Fixers will no longer block The Wasteland achievement.
- Fixed an issue where completed NCPD Hustles were not always counted properly towards The Jungle achievement.
- Fixed an issue where collecting the additional reward did not end the Gig properly in Gig: No Fixers.
- Fixed an issue where V could be unable to interact with the computer and upload the virus in Gig: A Lack of Empathy.
- It is no longer possible to complete some parts of the Gig before getting the contract in Gig: The Frolics of Councilwoman Cole.
- Hwangbo will no longer get stuck inside a car in Gig: Flight of the Cheetah, which could lead to blocked progression.
- Fixed an issue where V sometimes could not talk to Anna Hamill in Gig: Woman of La Mancha.
- Fixed an issue where combat would not always interrupt dialogue with Anna Hamill in Gig: Woman of La Mancha.
- Fixed an issue where some dialogue lines could be missing during holocalls.
- V will no longer be unable to move after finishing Gig: On a Tight Leash.
- Interaction with the van in Gig: Radar Love will no longer disappear before returning it, which could lead to blocked progression.
- Looting medicines right after getting to Cpl. Hare’s room will no longer block progression in Gig: Backs Against the Wall.
- Gig: For My Son will no longer get blocked if Logan dies during holocall with Muamar “El Capitan” Reyes.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in combat in any Gig until all enemies were defeated.
- It is no longer possible to stop the Fixer’s car in the middle of the road in Gig: Getting Warmer…, which could lead to blocked progression.
- Max Jones will no longer leave his room in Gig: Freedom of the Press before V comes in if V starts shooting the turrets.
- Guards will no longer get stuck in the elevator in Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy.
- V will no longer get stuck behind the desk in the hospital lobby in Gig: Cuckoo’s Nest.
- It is no longer possible to talk to Max Jones after using Short Circuit quickhack on him in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- It is no longer possible to start combat with Anna Hamill while being in apartment one floor below in Gig: Woman of La Mancha.
- Fixed an issue where the urinary stream could still be visible after NPC stopped peeing and moved away from the spot.
- NPCs will no longer stay blocked on traffic lanes while in fear.
- NPC hit by a car will now immediately run in panic now.
- Added different animation variations for pedestrians running away from a vehicle.
- Fixed the issue where the Arcade Machines did not display any games in a pachinko parlor in Jig-Jig Street.
- Added the missing animation for opening the doors in several quests.
- Improved force-opening doors animation.
- Added missing “unauthorized” prompt for elevators protected by authorization.
- Various immersion improvements and fixes in the open world encounters and gigs.
- Progress will no longer be blocked when player chooses the corpo line twice while talking to Hanako in the safe house during Search And Destroy.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression if the player reached Wakako before Takemura in Down on the Street.
- Takemura will no longer teleport to Wakako if the player chooses to go alone in Down on the Street.
- Fixed a camera issue when exiting the car at the beginning of Last Caress.
- Fixed an issue that could block the player from using the ladder in the security room in Gimme Danger.
- Jackie will no longer disappear when entering the elevator after a peaceful deal with Maelstromers in The Pickup.
- River Ward will no longer have a gun attached to his hand when saving V from the infected braindance in I Fought the Law.
- Dum Dum will no longer walk on air when leading V to Royce in Second Conflict.
- River Ward will no longer walk through the elevator’s door frame when entering it in I Fought the Law.
- Jackie’s guns will no longer disappear when V is knocking down Royce in The Pickup.
- Player will no longer have a weapon equipped during the romance scene with Judy in Pyramid Song.
- Maiko will no longer walk through the couch in Pisces.
- Fixed an issue in New Dawn Fades that resulted in having doubled sunglasses in the ending cutscene.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression in Gig: Hippocratic Oath when injecting the patient with synthetic blood.
- Fixed a subtitle issue displaying debug text in Pyramid Song when playing in Polish.
- Fixed an issue in New Dawn Fades that resulted in having doubled guitar in the ending cutscene.
- Fixed a camera issue in Never Fade Away.
- Junkie at the Atlantis Club will no longer glitch in Never Fade Away.
- Fixed Corporal Hare’s sliding animation in the Gig: Backs Against the Wall.
- Unified the distance of dialogue interaction in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed an issue in Pyramid Song which resulted in an option to talk to Judy on the pier while V was underwater.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Last Login which resulted in Ripperdoc Charles smiling throughout the conversation without a reason.
- Judy will no longer play the wrong animation sequence if V declines to stay in the hut in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a failed objective when killing the truck driver in Sinnerman.
- Fixed an issue of endless walking on the treadmill in Where is My Mind?, which blocked progression.
- Fixed an issue with a doubled tablet in Where is My Mind?.
- Fixed an issue where Saul had the rifle attached to his hand after the car chase in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue where Panam was not holding whiskey bottle correctly while raising a toast in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed missing UI dialogue elements and misleading placement of UI dialogue when talking to Panam in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed a camera issue when getting out the van in Riders on the Storm.
- Added depth of field effect to the player’s view at significant moments
- Fixed missing personal link in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed an issue where Hellman’s personal link could be found floating in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed overlapping dialogue between V and Panam in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed an issue in Ghost Town that caused the glass in Rogue’s hand to be misplaced when playing in languages other than English.
- Added touch screen animations in Panam’s car in Lightning Breaks and Life During Wartime.
- Phone will no longer disappear from the NPC’s hand in the Afterlife scene of Ghost Town.
- Fixed NPC T-posing in the dollhouse in Automatic Love.
- Teddy will no longer be teleported away in the scene at the abandoned railroad station in With a Little Help from My Friends.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression when giving Panam cover during the deal with 6th Street in Ghost Town.
- Car lights will no longer stay on after the car battery dies in Ghost Town.
- Saul will no longer clip through Panam’s car in Forward to Death.
- Fixed player’s camera animation in Lightning Breaks.
- Fixed Panam’s gun equipping animation in the AV scene in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed a visual issue with mantis blades after a car crash in Playing for Time.
- Corrected camera behavior after interacting with the drawer at the police lab in The Hunt.
- Soldiers who were missing guns when Smasher appears in Love Like Fire are now armed.
- A disabled turret visible while flying to Arasaka Tower in Love Like Fire works properly now.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rogue to be misplaced while approaching Arasaka Tower in Love Like Fire.
- Fixed an issue that caused Spider Murphy to disappear after jumping from the helicopter in Love Like Fire.
- Viktor will no longer teleport to the chair when the player leaves the clinic before taking a seat in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed a camera issue when driving to the megabuilding in The Rescue.
- Fixed an issue in Nocturne Op55N1 where petting the cat would play without dialogue. // V will now properly address the cat, even without Misty’s answer.
- After Boat Drinks Kerry will now hum his song while walking to his car.
- Fixed V’s reaction to Johnny’s decision in Changes.
- Fixed synchronization in Adam Smasher’s animation in Changes when playing in Polish. // Now stomping should stomp as intended.
- Fixed the drone in front of the chapel in M’ap Tann Pèlen.
- Polished scene in Maiko’s office in Ex-Factor.
- Fixed an issue that could block progression when raising your hand at the wrong time during the dinner scene in Following the River.
- Fixed the interaction range to get in the AV in The Corpo-Rat.
- Fixed missing NPC being thrown away from the toilet during A Cool Metal Fire sequence.
- Added missing scene to the Japanese version in A Cool Metal Fire sequence.
- It’s no longer possible to drive away without Johnny when picking up the Porsche for the first time during Chippin’ In. // Leave no Johnny behind.
- In Talkin’ ’bout a Revolution, depth of field now resets after leaving Judy’s apartment.
- Field of view now goes back to its set value when V sits up to talk to Johnny after watching braindances in Double Life.
- Fixed facial animations in all the scenes where V leans on the mirrors throughout the game.
- Initial dialogue with Takemura in Down on the Street can now be interrupted and restored.
- Fixed an issue where Johnny could be unable to connect to the access point in Love Like Fire.
- Fixed lack of interaction with Mitch after skipping dialogue in We Gotta Live Together.
- V no longer gets stuck in a sitting position after connecting to Panam’s car in Life During Wartime.
- Fixed an issue that prevented player from controlling the turret and could block progression in Love Like Fire.
- Added missing family photo during the scene with Hanako in Play it Safe.
- Fixed an issue with detective Han’s cigarette in I Fought the Law.
- Characters no longer teleport near the player while in a holocall dialogue.
- Fixed multiple issues with V wearing the wrong clothes in third-person perspective.
- Fixed multiple issues during sex scenes
- Improved interruption system for scenes.
- Fixed an issue where the stalker wouldn’t arrive at the bridge in Every Breath You Take.
- Fixed an issue where Judy would stand up from the chair in the scene between braindances in Double Life.
- Fixed multiple issues with important quest NPCs randomly missing animations during cinematics.
- Interrupting dialogue will now stop the voice-over line.
- Fixed multiple issues with NPCs mounting vehicles.
- Fixed Jackie’s pose and grip on the motorcycle’s handlebar in The Pickup.
Environment and levels
- The objective will no longer get stuck on “Neutralize the attackers” in Dream On.
- V will no longer get stuck inside an AV flying off if standing on pipes during Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Opposites Attract.
- Fixed an issue where two fast travel points were missing map pins.
- Fixed multiple issues related to improper NPC behavior in combat, for example not changing to the correct attack mode or getting stuck in a location.
- Fixed multiple issues related to NPCs not reacting to V’s presence or not entering combat properly.
- Fixed multiple issues related to NPCs clipping with objects.
- Fixed a number of issues related to wrong or missing contents of lootable items.
- Fixed multiple issues related to V not being able to interact with lootable items.
- Fixed multiple issues related to improper functioning of devices, such as cameras, turrets, or mines.
- Fixed an issue where Basilisk could fall under the map when the door leading to Mikoshi is reached.
- Fixed an issue where Lt. Mower had a high chance to die in collisions, blocking the cyberpsycho hunt.
- Fixed an issue where it was very difficult to access the computer in the back of the gas station in Life during wartime.
- Fixed the misspelled Leaving Night City sign.
- Fixed the glitched scaffolding in Heywood, Vista del Rey.
- Fixed multiple issues where players could fall out of the map due to gaps and missing collisions.
- Fixed multiple issues where players could get stuck in location geometry.
- Fixed multiple issues where players could reach unintended areas, potentially blocking quest progression.
- Fixed multiple issues with disappearing or misplaced assets.
- Fixed multiple issues with assets floating in the air.
- Fixed multiple issues with assets appearing or changing appearance on sight.
- Fixed some issues with parts of assets missing, allowing the player to see inside.
- Fixed issues where rain would be present in covered areas.
- Fixed issues with invisible colliders present on locations.
- Fixed multiple issues with higher resolution textures failing to stream in.
Graphics, audio, animation
- Fixed NPCs moving after being killed.
- Improvements in textures rendering from afar.
- Fixed a visual issue with fast travel and cinematic transition.
- Adjusted visual quality of some elements when underwater.
- Improvements in materials details quality.
- Fixed V’s incorrect position while riding a motorcycle.
- Improvement for interior and exterior light sources.
- Adjusted dirt quality on Medium and Low settings.
- Fixed the lack of a crack in the mirror after V smashed it.
- Fixed an issue where pink particles could appear on camera close-up.
- Improved foliage destruction visuals.
- Fixed a visual issue where pavements could be covered with rectangular shapes in shore areas.
- Fixed the overexposed foliage elements visible when entering a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where some items could disappear after being destroyed.
- Kerry’s bathrobe is no longer incorrectly attached to his lower part of the body.
- V’s hands are now correctly displayed on a steering wheel while driving.
- V now leans out of a vehicle correctly during chases.
- Fixed an issue where the character could appear deformed while mounting motorcycles.
- Fixed a level of detail issue occurring for joy toys in Jig-Jig Street.
- Fixed several issues with missing lipsync.
- Fixed multiple issues with NPCs T-posing.
- Camera no longer flips when V is under an object and jumps.
- Improved camera movement when entering a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where some items could be attached to NPCs twice.
- Fixed NPCs shouting after being killed.
- Jackie no longer shouts “Nice shot!” when V kills enemies while in stealth mode.
- Fixed particle burning effect applied repeatedly when player stands in fire.
- Fixed NPC animation issues after skipping the ride.
- Fixed flickering of stars on the surface of the lake in one of the scenes.
- Fixed far away terrain disappearing in Badlands.
- Other city parts visible from the distance now look more realistic due to adjusted lighting.
- Fixed an issue with black weapon scopes during the chase in Riders on the Storm.
- Improved visual quality of Black Wall and Mikoshi.
- Fixed an issue where the weather state would not adjust correctly after loading saves or exiting to the main menu.
- Holographic elements in specific character outfits now display correctly.
- Fixed an unwanted jitter effect on frosted glass surfaces.
- Fixed an issue where a white line could be visible at the top of the screen when in cyberspace.
- Fixed an issue with ads not being properly displayed on curbs.
- Multiple visual updates and adjustments for ads.
- Fixed multiple visual issues in quests briefings.
- Updated the Arabic language layout in quests briefings.
- Updated grenades icons according to their damage type.
- Fixed multiple visual issues with the icons display.
- Fixed multiple visual issues in the UI panels, including Journal, Map, Scanner, and others.
- Fixed an issue that paused the game if the shard was read directly from the loot container in a minor activity.
- Fixed freezes and crashes related to equipping and unequipping Johnny’s Jacket.
- Added button hints in order to move forward on the treadmill in Where is My Mind?
- Fixed an issue where database links would not allow jumping to a selected entry.
- Fixed an issue that blocked a player from answering holocalls manually.
- Entering a vehicle right before opening the Vehicle Menu should no longer block further progression.
- The health bar should now be visible during car chases.
- Performance improvement to the Inventory panel.
- Fixed an issue where the NPCs could be tagged as “Minimal Threat” regardless of their actual level.
- Fixed multiple issues with button hints.
- Fixed multiple issues in the Character Creation panel.
- Multiple fixes and improvements to the Crafting panel.
- Fixed issues where the level requirement was not displayed correctly in the Upgrade menu.
- Added an option to craft multiple items at once.
- Fixed an issue where preview stats show the same values before upgrading an item.
- Added a “Crafted” icon to the tooltip of crafted items.
- Fixed multiple issues related to the Cyberware panel.
- Multiple adjustments for the D-pad input.
- Fixed multiple issues related to HUD elements.
- Multiple fixes in the Inventory and Backpack panels.
- Fixed an issue when weapons could show 0 DPS before looting them.
- Fixed an improper icon of the clothing item when looting body in Gig: Serial Suicide.
- Multiple fixes and adjustments to the Main Menu and Settings panels.
- Fixed an issue where replacing mods on some legendary items could add an empty mod slot.
- Added a disabled state to mod slots when there are no available mods to equip.
- Optimizations for Crafting panel and items display.
- Fixed an overlapping tooltip of Body attribute in the Character menu.
- Visual effect for adding attribute points in the Character menu should no longer be missing after hovering over Perks tree.
- Multiple fixes for Scanning functionality and its HUD display.
- Added a toggle to enable/disable comparing tooltip.
- Multiple fixes related to buyback pricing and performance improvement in the Vendor panel.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze during Ghost Town if a player chose to “Wait until Rogue is ready” right after asking Claire for a drink.
- Fixed an issue where a player could die right before the scene transition in Play It Safe resulting in blocked progression.
- Fixed an issue where weapon crosshair did not disappear after aiming down or unequipping it.
- Fixed an issue where debug text could appear after skipping and fast-forwarding credits.
- Updated the credits list.
- Fixed an issue where ads text localization upon scanning did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where highlighted dialogue lines when talking to Johnny could not be visible after visiting Hanako and taking the elevator down in Nocturne Op55N1.
- Fixed an issue where restoring defaults could set all settings to Low on second and consecutive launches.
- Fixed corrupted characters in different languages.
- Multiple fixes and adjustments for input issues.
- Various UI performance and stability improvements.
- Epic and Legendary loot dropping from defeated enemies are now better visible on the minimap.
- Threat level for undiscovered gigs is now displayed correctly.
- Fixed issues with D-pad/arrows navigation in the menu and inventory.
- Removed unnecessary health bar animations after loading a save.
- Fixed item tooltips remaining on screen after closing them.
- Fixed an issue where the value per unit would be displayed instead of total value in case of items with quantity larger than one.
- Fixed issues related to changing gameplay difficulty settings in the menu.
- My Rewards popup in the Main Menu is now hidden when Streamer mode is enabled.
- Fixed issue with broken buildings visible on the main map.
- Added Overhead Text Size option to the Subtitles Settings.
- Fixed multiple text-related issues.
- Fixed multiple issues related to UI streaming.
Stability and performance
This section discusses changes that enter all the platforms but many of them make a bigger difference on last generation consoles and lower performance machines.
- Improved stability and performance of the engine and the rendering engine (reducing the number of random crashes).
- Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
- Various optimizations and improvements in shadows, shaders, physics, workspot system, spawn system, scene system, animation system, occlusion system, and facial animations system.
- Fixed mechanism for managing UI icons atlases memory which helps with memory-related crashes, especially during long playthroughs.
- Multiple UI stability improvements and fixes for the most common UI-related crashes.
- Various crash fixes (among others, in Settings menu, and upon reloading saves repeatedly during gameplay and GPU-related).
- Multiple UI performance improvements.
- Fixed a performance drop during controller-button-mashing causing V to receive multiple copies of the same item.
- Fixed detection map markers sometimes appearing broken or glitchy on machines with slower hard drives.
- Various other stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed incorrect censorship when playing a copy of the game from a region other than Japan while the console region is set to Japan or language to Japanese.
- A settings option to hide Potential Enemy Markers was added to the Interface tab.
- A settings option to hide NPC name overhead display was added to the Interface tab.
- Telemetry consent is now saved in the user profile and synced via the cloud.
- Logic for loading last checkpoint when there is no existing savefile improved.
- Fixed game going to a black screen after difficulty is changed in the Pause menu.
- Improved D-pad/arrow navigation in menus.
- Navigation in Load/Save menu improved.
- Fixed Fists description in the quick weapon selection menu.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get locked in an aiming or crouching state after leaving a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where jumping or carrying a body into Point of No Return area could lead to Point of No Return save not being created.
- Added fade-in on returning to the game after final credits.
- The “One more gig” message will no longer be displayed when the game ends and there is no Point of No Return save.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the money transfer notification to appear as 0 if the player performed a save/load cycle right before it showed.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs were missing their weapons after loading a save
- Fixed an issue where engaging in combat in front of Misty’s Esoterica could cause a nearby Animals’ bouncer to follow V in combat state to Viktor’s clinic in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue where Monk’s walk could reset if the Monk stepped on a defeated Maelstrom corpse in Losing My Religion.
- Misty will now walk correctly down the stairs on the way to “El Coyote Cojo” bar in Heroes.
- Telemetry consent request reappears once for some players due to an issue causing a reset of settings.
- Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required.
- Keyboard bindings: more keys are now available for rebinding.
- Keyboard bindings: It is now possible to bind opening and closing specific panels to the same key.
- Keyboard bindings: It’s now possible to unbind dodge from the movement keys (in Settings -> Controls). Dodging can still be performed by double-tapping the crouch (toggle) action key (default C).
- It is now possible to enter Journal from the Map panel using a keyboard.
- Achievements will now work on Epic Games Store.
- Modding: Added a new “mod” folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the “mod” folder now. Having mod archives in the “patch” folder is no longer supported.
- Fixed an issue that prevented grenades from being charged after closing a dialogue window using ESC.
- Fixed the issue where some environment elements would not be displayed correctly on 8k screens.
- Fixed an issue where HUD elements would be missing in 8K resolution.
- Fixed an issue where perks from a certain area of the submenus were not displaying descriptions on 4K and 5K Ultra Wide resolutions.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation 4 where items couldn’t be dropped from the backpack as they would always reappear back in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where Johnny’s custom HUD wouldn’t be present on Xbox One during the concert scene in Love Like Fire.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to zoom in when pressing pause on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
- Fixed a streaming issue with the elevator panel in Play it Safe on Xbox One.
- Improved the mechanism for adjusting the UI texture resolution depending on the platform.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive when pressing “A” immediately after deleting a save on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One that could cause the game to become unresponsive when changing profiles on the title menu.
- Fixed an issue where loading a game save while being in a car could turn the screen black on Xbox.
- Various memory handling optimizations on Xbox.
- Improved Screen Space Reflections.
- Fixed issues with Screen Space Reflections and Temporal Anti-Aliasing.
- Fixed rendering issues when fog interacts with nearby lighting on PlayStation 4.
- Various environment streaming and input/output improvements.
- Various NPCs and vehicle streaming improvements.
- Fixed multiple issues with random game freezes.
- Fixed issues on PlayStation 4 whereby corpses with head dismembered could glitch out.
- Fixed an issue where V could fall down the elevator shaft.
- Fixed an issue where the game on Xbox One would become unresponsive when signing out while the controller disconnection message is visible.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to be unable to exit the Settings menu after making changes.
- Claire’s truck is now properly placed in the garage in The Beast in Me.
- Fixed the missing water surface shader on PlayStation 4.
Date: January 23, 2020
Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available!
In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.
- Various stability improvements including:
- Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
- Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
- Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
- Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
- Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
- Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
- Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
- Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
- Removed an invalid item from loot.
- Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
- Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
- Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
- Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
- Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
- Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
- Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
- Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Date: December 23, 2020
- Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
- Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
Date: December 19, 2020
The new hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, the PC version will follow soon. Here is the list of changes:
- Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
- Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
- It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
- Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
- Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
- Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
- The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
- Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
- Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
- Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
- Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
- Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
- Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
- Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
- Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
- Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue with the objective of getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
- Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
- Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
- Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
- Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
- Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
- V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
- Fixed some UI overlap issues.
- V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
- NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
- Added some warmth to HDR.
- Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
- Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
- Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
- The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
- Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
- Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
- Offscreen explosions make noise now.
- [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
- Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
- Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
- Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
- Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
- Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
- Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
- Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
- Corrected the look of several vehicles.
- [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
- [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
- Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
Date: December 11, 2020
New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas