Walkthrough for Cyberpunk 2077 covers information that aims to guide players by providing a detailed guide on how to complete various locations and main quests of the game. For guides on quests, click here, if you want to check an overview for a recommended progress path, you may visit our Game Progress Route page.
Cyberpunk 2077 Walkthrough
The Nomad is a Main Job in Cyberpunk 2077. The Nomad job is the first quest players start with upon choosing the Nomad Life Path. This main job has a danger level of moderate. Completing Main Jobs in Cyberpunk 2077 progresses the story forward.
Yo, V, every story’s gotta start somewhere, right? Even if it means that “somewhere” is in the middle of nowhere and the most nova place to hang is a dusty-ass fuel stop. You abandoned your nomad family to come find the dude who hired you, to smuggle something for him ‘cross the border. This guy will change your life, chica.
The Nomad Objectives
- Talk to the Mechanic
- Fix the engine, Get in the car
- Talk to the Sheriff. Go to the telecom tower
- Climb the telecom tower and locate the control box.
- Connect your sat phone to the telecom tower. Return to the car
- Head to the meeting place. Get out of the car
- Meet Jackie Welles. Follow Jackie
- Open the trunk, Get in the car
- Drive to the border. Drive into the checkpoint
- Talk to Jackie while waiting for the security check to finish. Get out of the car
- Enter the border security building
- Deposit weapons at the front desk
- Head to room 2. Sit
- Talk to the border guard
- Collect your weapons at the front desk. Return to the car
- Depart the border crossing
- Fight off your pursuers
- Go to a safe location with Jackie
- Get out of the car. Talk to Jackie
The Nomad Walkthrough
The quest begins after creating your character and selecting the Nomad Life Path. Upon starting, you'll see your customized character looking at a mirror. Start off by pressing the indicated button to [Remove Patch]. The Mechanic will then start to talk to you about requiring an "Electric Coupling Module" for your car. Obviously, The Mechanic is trying to rip V off since he/she mentions that the Mechanic told him/her that it wasn't anything serious when he/she came in.
Before speaking to the Mechanic, a "Welcome" prompt will appear. Read the message if you wish to and then speak to the mechanic. You'll then be given two dialogue options [Check Engine] or just pay him what you both agreed on. Select [Check Engine] and V will look at it himself/herself. Next, choose [Hotwire] to bypass the coupling and to rig a hotwire. Now, get in the vehicle and [Start the Engine] three times until V's car starts.
After choosing to either [Connect to Radio Station] or speaking to the mechanic, a sheriff named Andrew Jones will arrive and interrogate V. There is no right or wrong dialogue to choose from at the moment, just pick how you want to answer him when he asks you those timed questions. You can choose to answer or just stay quiet. First, he'll introduce himself and mentions that you've probably heard of him, the answer to that is just 'Nope'.
He'll still push it and mentions that he served in spec ops and asks if it rings any bells, the answer to that is 'Afraid not'. Next, he'll try to interrogate you more and bring up the Nomads running around The Badlands. Again, there aren't any right or wrong answers so just choose how you want to react. After the chit-chat with Sheriff Jones, you'll now be able to drive your way out of the garage.
The Telecom Tower
You'll now be able to drive your vehicle for the first time, make sure to look at the controls on how to drive that's on the lower left of the screen. Now, your next objective is to head to the Yucca Telecom Tower which is automatically tracked on the mini-map that's on the upper right. Just follow the course until you reach the objective. It's just about 125m from the garage. Once you arrive, get out of the car and approach the gate, it's locked, so you'll be able to [Kick] it after trying to [Open] it.
Before heading up the tower, try to look around to find some random junk items and components. Next, head up the stairs, climb to the top of the tower and find interact with the control box to connect to the radio station. V will be able to get a signal and connect with Willie McCoy who's on the other radio. Tell him that you need help regarding the location of the Jackie Welles and McCoy will mention "Right place, right time - you were there?", you can choose to tell him the truth or lie about it, either way, you'll still get the intel you need. McCoy mentions that Jackie is waiting on a farm and that he left a message.
Meet Jackie Welles
The waypoint will automatically be indicated on the mini-map where you'll find Jackie. Head down the tower, hop in the car, and drive to the meeting place. Note: DO NOT JUMP FROM HIGH GROUND SINCE IT CAN CAUSE INSTA-DEATH. The location is about 850m from the tower where you'll arrive at an old trailer. Head inside and you'll find Jackie sitting on the couch. Just answer as how you want to when the few dialogue options will appear, you'll have a small conversation first before you start the job.
Drive to the Border
After the small chit-chat, follow Jackie outside and he'll load the package in the back of V's car. Hop back inside the car and drive to the border with Jackie. Follow the waypoint that leads to the border, it's just about 300m from the trailer. When you arrive at the border, wait for your turn by the Customs Declaration lane. Security will then begin its security check, while the officials are starting, choose [Take document] and V will ask Jackie for the manifest. While you're waiting, security will announce that V is required to head to the inspection area for further questioning.
Now, you'll be given another dialogue option. Choose 'You have bribe money?' so that Jackie hands you the credits that you'll use to bribe the customs officer. Once you have the money, step out of the car and head inside the office that's just on the right side.
Enter the Border Security Building
Once you're inside, approach the front desk and surrender your weapon. The receptionist will then ask you to report to Room #2 where you'll be asked questions. Sit on the chair and the border guard will ask you for the papers. Choose whichever you want to answer the guard while you hand over the manifest.
The guard will then ask you if that's "Everything" you're trying to transport, and since you have the bribe money, select [Give Bribe] and V will give the credits as he/she mentions that there's one additional enclosure to the manifest. If you "play it cool" and give the bribe money, the guard will let you go. Next, go back to the receptionist, claim your weapon, and head back to the car where you'll see Jackie who's now going to drive the car.
Depart the Border Crossing
As Jackie drives off and you both leave the border, you'll have another conversation with Jackie where you'll talk about the interaction you had with the guard. It's a timed question, so whichever answer you choose, V will react to a suspicious feeling with how things were. Jackie then sees a couple of vehicles that blocks your path and instructs the both of you to stop and step out of the vehicle.
V asks Jackie to step on it and you'll now have to fight off the pursuers. You'll only be using your pistol here for this combat sequence, so before you start, you'll be prompted a guide on Vehicle combat. You can shoot the enemy's one at a time, but it's easier if you aim for the car and continuously shoot it until it blows up.
Go to a Safe Location with Jackie
After you've taken down the pursuers, Jackie freaks out a bit and stops by a deserted garage. Step out of the car and just speak to Jackie. Once Jackie asks what's the next move, you ask him to pay the fee for helping you cross the border. Unfortunately, Jackie mentions that he can't pay you at the moment and mentions that he was just lying about it and was thinking of double-crossing you.
Choose how you want to answer him and Jackie mentions to take a peak inside the package. You'll see inside the package that it's an iguana. Choose [Poke Iguana] and V comes up with an idea that you both should sell it and split the money. Now, again, just choose how you want to answer Jackie when the dialogue options appear. Either way, at the end of it, you'll shake Jackie's hand and this ends the main job.
How to unlock The Nomad
The Nomad Rewards
The Nomad Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here
The Streetkid Objectives
- Find Kirk on the second floor.
- Talk to Kirk.
- Leave the bar.
- Go to Embers.
- Take the elevator to the garage.
- Find the Rayfield.
- Find Rick (Optional)
- Disable the lock using Kirk's device.
- Get in the car.
- Steal the Rayfield.
The Streetkid Walkthrough
- You start in front of the mirror of a bar, fixing your broken nose and receiving a drink from Pepe, the bartender. You tell him that someone attempted to mug you. Pepe proceeds to ask for your help, because he owes Kirk money. The deadline to pay him is tomorrow.
- You accept to talk to Kirk on the second floor. Once you are done with Pepe, turn left and move forward until you reach the video game area, then turn right and take the stairs to the second floor.
- There you will meet Kirk, along with his thug Big Joe. After a bit of talking, Kirk asks you to steal an Aerondight for him, to settle Pepe's debt. He gives you a device that according to him, will bypass the car's security system. You have to go to Embers and meet with Rick, a friend of Kirk.
- Leave the bar, to do so, go downstairs and turn right. Once outside, turn right twice and move forward past the homeless, you will meet two guys near a car. One is Padre and the other one is Marcus Barros.
- Get in the car to head to the Embers. During the travel you will be stopped by a car driven by 6th Street members. A gang member approaches the car and threatens Padre. After a few exchanges of words, the gang member leaves and you can continue towards your destination.
- Once you reach your destination, Padre gives you his contact information. Leave the car and automatically jump down the bridge. Keep moving forward and turn right once you pass the guys to your left. You will face a few vending machines. Turn right again and enter the elevator.
- Select the parking in the elevator's menu and you will receive a call from Kirk. You enter the garage and can talk to Rick, who is in the security booth. He tells you that you have 20 minutes to get the car, because that's the amount of time he can keep the cameras disabled.
- From the security booth, move forward and turn to your left to find the Aerondight. Use Kirk's device to bypass the car's security system. Once you enter the car, you'll realize something's wrong.
- Outside, Jackie Welles will point a gun at you, and prompt you to leave the car. Immediatly, the NCPD will arrive at the scene and arrest both of you. After a conversation with Kaoru Fujioka, the owner of the Aerondight, a cop knocks both you and Jackie out.
- You will appear on the street, with Jackie. After talking with him, both of you decide to go to have lunch together.
How to unlock The Streetkid
The Streetkid Rewards
The Streetkid Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here
The Corpo-Rat Objectives
- Leave the bathroom.
- Head to Jenkin's office.
- Talk to your old acquaintance (Optional)
- Talk to Jenkins.
- Leave Jenkins' office.
- Go to the AV garage.
- Talk to Jackie
- Read the report on your personal terminal (Optional)
- Get in Jenkins' AV.
- Deal with the Locals.
- Head to Lizzie's.
- Talk to the bouncer.
- Meet with Jackie.
- Sit with Jackie.
The Corpo-Rat Walkthrough
- After receiving the call from Jackie Welles, leave the bathroom. Turn to your right and head to the elevators, take the one on your left.
- Once the elevator reaches the top, leave it and take the left path.
- You will be meet by a man named Frank, who is an old acquaintance of yours. You can talk to him or ignore him if you like.
- Either way, keep going to your left. Continue all along the corridor until the end and turn left again. You will reach a lass door, midway through that next corridor. Take it and keep going forward. After the AI grants you access, you can enter the office.
- Jenkins is in the middle of a meeting when you arrive. After you witness the massacre of the European Space Council, he will be called by Abernathy. Once they finish discussing, talk to Arthur and he will give you a shard that contains information on Abernathy, and ask you to get rid of her.
- While you are leaving the office, you will be meet by Carter, who proceeds to tell you that he has some reports ready for you. You will call Jackie, and can also read the reports on your personal terminal. This one is an optional objective.
- Head to the AV Garage, go the left after you meet Carter. Continue going forward until you pass a long walkway. and you'll reach the garage. Jackie asks you to meet at Lizzie's Bar in an hour. Get in the AV to start the journey to Lizzie's.
- During the travel, you will be contacted by your Life Coach, who asks you if you are doing all right. After landing, three residents will try to intimidate you but you will easily make short work of them.
- Move forward and turn slightly to the left to reach the entrance of the bar, where you will find the bouncer, Mox. Tell her you don't want any trouble, she will let you in. Head downwards. Go to the dance floor level, and you will find Jackie by himself, on a table nearby.
- You tell Jackie about the job, but he isn't too convinced of doing it. While discussing it, two Arasaka agents will interrupt you and demand you all the information you have about this task you've been assigned.
- One of the agents hacks you, blocks your access to company networks and tells you that any company cybernetics in your possession will stop working in two minutes. After surrendering the datashard, Jackie jumps in and the agents retreat with the datashard.
- Jackie approaches you to check on you. He says you've got your life back and now you can move on from the Corpo life.
How to unlock The Corpo-Rat
The Corpo-Rat Rewards
The Corpo-Rat Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here