Freedom of the Press is a Gig in Cyberpunk 2077. Freedom of the Press can be acquired from Regina Jones. Completing Gigs in Cyberpunk 2077 earns you experience points and may reward you with some items.
Night City doesn't like people that like to kick the hornet's nest, and Max Jones... well he kicked a bunch of 'em at the same time. Kicked them so hard, in fact, that someone put a hit out on him. Thing is, personally, I'd rather he stayed alive.
Max Jones is an old friend from my muckraking days. We co-wrote a podcast about independent farmer who were put out of biz by Biotechnica drones. Those were the days.
Nowadays, Max doesn't even take my calls. He's as stubborn as they come, but now I'm worried he's really lost touch with reality. He probably thinks he can manage perfectly fine on his own, but that's what all young, gonk men think - that they're invincible. Bring him to reason, will ya?
Sending you the coords to his hideout. If I managed to track him down, it's only a matter of time until the others do too.
Freedom of the Press Gig Objectives Cyberpunk 2077
Rescue Max and bring him to me
- Enter the TV studio building.
- Find Max.
- Convince Max to meet with Regina.
- Escort Max outside.
- Leave the area.
- Collect your reward.
Freedom of the Press Gig Walkthrough Cyberpunk 2077
- Navigate the trapped room
- When confronting max is "No, I'm not" or Max will kill himself and you will fail the mission.
- Escort Max outside. You can lead him through the other door in his room which will take you through a previously locked door, or if you disarmed all the traps you can take him the way you came in.
- Doing a non-fatal takedown when he stands up will allow you to stuff him in the car trunk outside and still pass the mission.
How to unlock Freedom of the Press Gig in Cyberpunk 2077
Freedom of the Press Rewards
- 299 XP
- €$ 4860
- 673 Street Cred
Freedom of the Press Notes & Tips
- The front door requires 8 technical ability, but the building can be entered from an open ceiling light.
- With the release of Patch 1.6 it was fixed an issue where further quests from Regina were blocked if Max died during the gig.