Coin Operated Boy is a Side Jobs in Cyberpunk 2077. Coin Operated Boy can be acquired by completing Playing for Time and speaking to a talking vending machine who calls itself Brendan. Completing Side Jobs (Side Quests) in Cyberpunk 2077, rewards you with experience points and may reward you with items. Side Jobs can also influence the main story outcome.
Coin Operated Boy Objectives
- Go to the service point.
- Find Brendan.
- (Optional) Talk to the clerk.
- Talk to Brendan.
- Talk to Theo.
Coin Operated Boy Walkthrough
- To trigger this job, first, complete the main job, Playing for Time. And then travel to the Megabuilding H8 and check the base next to the steps and the local fast travel-station to find a talking vending machine that calls itself Brendan and interact with it.
- This quest has multiple stages and it requires you to visit the machine so that you progress the objective. First, you'll find a glimpse of Brendan and a technician who is working on the machine. Next, you'll find him behind a dumpster and Brendan will call out to you. This requires you to have the right Body level so that you can move the dumpster.
- Next, you'll find Brendan speaking to a girl named Theo who complains about her boyfriend. And finally, as time passes, you'll find a thug who is defacing Brendan. Now, when this happens, you need to stop the thug by brute force or by using an exclusive dialogue to the Street Kid life path.
- Now, again, as time passes, when you return to Brendan, you'll notice that he's missing and Theo is there instead. You'll learn that he was taken away. Proceed to the service point at the southwest section of the Glen in Heywood and speak to the clerk.
- There are a few ways that you can do to reach Brendan, first you can either bribe the clerk by paying €$ 600, convince him by choosing a dialogue line that requires 9 Technical Ability, force-open, hack the door's lock, or threaten the clerk and take out the security turret. Either way, you'll reach the vending machine and you'll learn that his system is being updated.
- There is no other way here and he'll still end up being updated. So all you have to do is speak to him, you also get an additional dialogue if you are at level 13 of Technical Ability. Listen to his last joke, read the report about Brendan from the computer next to Brendan, and tell Theo about what happened.
How to unlock Coin Operated Boy
- Complete the main job, Playing for Time, and interact with the speaking vending machine that calls itself Brendan. You'll find Brendan at the base of the Megabulding H8, next to the steps and the local fast-travel station.
Coin Operated Boy Rewards
- +314 EXP
Coin Operated Boy Notes & Tips
- This is a minor job.